(MARVEL) Bruce Banner

a/n: i'll be honest, i wanted to write some fluff but uh i decided to do this one. hope you enjoy some more angst :)

warning: bruce is a bit ooc during the flashback scenes.

-----

Another email was sent to Dr. Banner from Y/N L/N.

You sighed, thinking about the drastic measures you would need to take just to contact your mom's old friend. But you knew it would be worth it. He needed this closure.

'I'm sure he's suffering too,' you thought, slowly closing your laptop. You rubbed the tiredness out of your eyes and steadily looked at the clock.

9:00 PM.

"I think I have enough time to finish up some research. Then I'll head to bed," you mumbled, slowly putting on your house slippers. You headed back downstairs into your lab and started examining the chemicals in the vials.

Soon enough, hours flew by and you were yawning. You looked up at the clock and saw that it read 11:45 PM. Deciding that you had accomplished enough for the night, you packed up and headed back upstairs.

Tucking yourself in, your fingers grazed over a framed photo of your mother. Giving a small smile, you turned and dreamt away.

---

Weeks had passed by now and you were fed up with Dr. Banner not responding to your emails. It had been weeks, months even. 'Surely,' you thought, 'he would have the time to read at least some emails right?'

Out of pure frustration and impatience, you picked up your phone. Open on one of your laptop tabs was the phone number for the Stark Tower. Dialing the numbers, you huffed.

"Hi, I would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bruce Banner please?"

"Alright, would tomorrow at 9 o'clock work for you?" The receptionist asked.

"9:00 AM would be perfect," you said, moving some of your research papers.

"Alright then. Could I have your name please?"

"L/N. Y/N L/N. He'll know me," you warily said.

"Okay then. I have you booked for tomorrow at 9 in the morning to meet with Dr. Banner," the receptionist said.

"Thanks for your help," you said.

"You're welcome. Goodbye now," the receptionist said, hanging up the phone.

You set down your phone, examining the state that your lab was in.

'I'll need to return some papers to Dr. Banner. I might as well organize right now,' you thought, shuffling around.

---

It was the sun that had woken you up, beaming happily through your sheer curtains. You groaned and saw that it was already 7 in the morning.

'I'd better get ready then. Don't want to be late today. Definitely not today,' you thought, climbing out of bed, shivering when you realized you forgot to turn off the air conditioning last night. Quickly making your way to the dial, you turned it off and got ready.

It was now 8:30 AM and you were cutting it close. Quickly getting ahold of everything you needed, you rushed out of your apartment, a protein bar in one hand and your bag in another.

Chewing on the last few bites of your protein bar, you waved your hand, signaling a taxi to pull over.

"Could you take me to Stark Tower please?" You asked the cab driver, hurriedly putting your bag in the car, careful not to crush it.