Unwelcomed

Leaving home I and Sia bid our goodbye's to everyone including the neighbouring aunt. Whenever mum and dad used to be out for work Sheila Aunty used to make sure that we ate some home cooked food only, sometimes she even insisted on waiting until mum and dad came back out of generosity but we would somehow convince her that we can manage. Having no children of her own she was highly attached to us especially Sia and made her promise that she would call her every other day.

     A stranger was so upset about our departure whereas my grandparents seemed relieved. We were definitely not a burden that's what I thought until Sia playfully said'

    "Dadi (paternal grandmother in hindi) I will come to your house in summer vacations"

    "Concentrate on your studies Sia, stop thinking about playing all the time" , was grandma's stern reply

   I couldn't handle her unnecessary rudeness and said "Dadi you don't need to worry about her studies, she is still a child, if you dont want us visiting we won't"

The paternal side of our family never really was fond of us, reason being Grandma's dislike towards mum although there was no particular reason, she just hated the fact that dad married against her will. Thus we never really had those doting grandparents who would spoil us, infact they would pass on harsh comments when given a chance and so i knew that we would never stay with them no matter what.

While locking the door I felt as though some was watching me, I knew it wasn't anyone I knew as everyone was in the backyard . I tried looking around but could only see slight movements in the other neighbours courtyard, the house had been empty for four years so i dismissed the idea thinking it could be a stray animal.

We reached Gujarat in evening and were glad to be spending time with our cousins, Rakul Aunt was the only person whom we could think of as a guardian and her family as ours. Soon it was decided that I would be joining High school alongwith my eldest cousin Om and Sia would be accompanied by Tara.

It was always easier for Sia to make friends whereas i topped the introvert of the year list but having Om around made things easier. He was merely two months elder to me and so we were in the same year so I ended up being a new addition to his group although the girls acted weird in the beginning but soon enough i had a set of few friends whom I dearly trusted and still do, similarly Tara helped Sia with the study pattern and she too easily was able to dwell in her surroundings.

Every night I would dream a certain time spent withoo be a too good to be mum and dad and waking up finding it all t true dream I would start sobbing slowly, call it a boon or a bane but I couldn't cry in front of someone which i discovered in the breif period of loosing my parents and realizing the fact that they are never coming back. I sometimes wish I could cry in front of someone so they would make me calm down, say all those good things which aren't the truth and try comforting me with their made up facts. For once I wanted to be a kid ,someone who could be carefree and not worry about the future.

Still I was happy and content for being in Gujarat, with Om, Tara and Rakul Aunt. Uncle worked for the government that's all we knew and so he was rarely ever home but he would always call and talk to everyone including me and Sia. The call would hardly last minutes but it made us happy thinking atleast someone called us. Grandma had just called us once to know that no one would be at their place during the summers so we shouldn't visit, I let her know that we were least interested anyways. I never told Sia about that call and since that day Grandma never called which was a very good thing as i hated talking to her anymore.

She made me realize no matter the blood we shared or the kind of respect my parents had for them I and Sia would be always unwelcomed in their house.

I will be trying to update everyday and please try ignoring any sort of grammatical errors,it will be edited once the story ends. Thank you to all those 15 wonderful readers.

Please do like,vote,comment and share your views and opinions