Chapter 10

"Well don't expect a medal," Amber hissed, "You were the one who got him in this situation in the first place,"

That's it, I thought, enough is enough.

"What exactly is your problem huh? Do you think you're better than me? Because you know who you are? Well, heads up... I might not know who I am but I know this, I am not a bully and arrogant little bitch who go searching for others to blame. Yes, I had a hand in Al's misfortune and I am sorry!" I let it all out, and before she could say anything, I stormed away, running into the forest. It was dark, I know it was dangerous, I could run into W.I.K.D or whatever dangers out there for me to face, but right I didn't care, I just needed to be away from Amber.

Hugging a tree, I burst out in tears, pressing my forehead against the rugged bark. All I want to do is help, I thought, but things keep getting worse, Al might be blind to it but Amber sees right through my flaws. But why should I be blamed for not remembering who I was... They won't tell me anything and I have to live on the little information they feed me, I know I was a wolf and now I am some sort of a hybrid, I don't know what this means for vampires or werewolves, but it got Amber moody, and even though Al pretends it isn't a big deal, I know its unsettling for him.

I was so weak, the yearnings I have for human blood was overwhelming, a part of me prays that no one is brave enough to trod the forest at night, but a part of me hopes to cross paths with a vulnerable prey, I needed to feed. Pressing my back against the tree, I sniffed the air, the delightful essence of mixed, oozing blood filled my lungs as I breathed it in, I must go and find the source. Swallowing hard, I gathered my strength, sniffing the air as followed the trail, I was getting closer, and I think about is getting a taste, all I wanted is one lick.

Stumbling to the ground, I winced in pain rolling on my side, something has knocked me down, or someone...

Standing over me was a wolf, fur whiter than snow and pure as a lily. Its eyes were soft, one blue and the other green, this rogue was different from the rest, it didn't want to fight... More like protection. I know it can smell the blood like I can, it was right behind those bushes, but this wolf, it- it didn't want me to. Rising to my feet, the pain in my ribs began to lessen, and I figured my body was healing,

"Who are you?" I whispered,
"What do you want?"

Nudging its head behind me, it jogged off, gesturing I should follow. Letting go of the clutch in my side, I took one last look, one last deep breath... Enjoying the smell, but I am going to stick to that wolf.

Catching up the wolf, I crept up behind it, watching as it dragged itself on the ground, flat on its belly, paying attention to something behind those trees,

"What is it?" I whispered, laying down on my stomach next to it,

But it said nothing, it just kept watch,

"It would be easier if you shift, you know, communication is key here, I don't know what we are doing-"

Prancing off, the wolf tore through the forest and I ran off after it, watching as it leaped on a deer, bloody canines fixed in the prey's neck, flashing it aside as it took his last breath,

"What- so this is why you wanted me to follow you? So you can play hunting games-"

"You need to feed," the deer's lifeless body fell from its grip, licking the bloodstains from its fur as it mind link me, a melodic, but strong, fierce voice, reminding me of Amber,

"You- you are a-"

"A she-wolf, yes- one that saved your life twice for the night,"

"What- what do you mean?"