Chapter 18

Flashback

I begged over and over again, trying to convince these people that I was no wolf but a scientist, but they didn't care what I have to say. Men came in daily tortured me, shouting that I should I shift, but shift to what? After a few weeks, closer to a month they electrocuted me, under a full moon. And that's when it happened, I shifted. My body ached all over and I begged for it to stop, but I didn't. White fur traveled up my arms and legs until it took over my body, I was no longer I girl with dark hair and brown, I was a big dog, with fur and red eyes. Everything then went blank, I woke the next day naked, the men who tortured me for weeks bodies surrounded me, well, what was left of them. The beast I turned into that night shred them to pieces and I have no memory of it. I remember being angry, the type of anger I remember having as a child... A teenager, but never acted out on it, I suppressed that anger for a long time until I couldn't anymore.

Every since that morning, no one tried hurting me again, well, what I am saying they do still hurt me, they starve me, keep me captive here, and the ones put to guard me throw flirty insults at me, But then... I met a friend, one called Alrick, he would visit me sometimes, sneak in the good stuff they serve him and his father, Valdomore, the one who is responsible for capturing me. I was Alrick's friend but he wasn't mine, I am just being a good listening ear until I can charm him to release me. But there was a small problem with my plan, I didn't like the boy but the beast in me did... A lot.

"This is an emergency... A girl is dying and she can help—"

I heard Alrick arguing with the guard,

"I am sorry young prince, but you cannot give that kind of orders, while you are my superior... I stay loyal to your father,"

"Fine I will go get your stupid permit," I heard him hurried away.

After a few minutes, I heard pacing footsteps, the marching of Alrick, I would know anywhere, even in the loudest music,

"Here is your stupid permit, happy now?"

Silence.

Unbolting the door, he rushes over to me giving me a warm hug, even though I was smelly and dirty he looked past that, he saw me for who I was,

"I need your help," he pulled away, "There is a human girl upstairs, wheezing, and I don't think she is going to make it,"

"Ok," I stared at him confused, "I am not sure how I am going to help her,"

"You have to give her the bite,"

"The bite... I — don't understand—"

"Well," he looked over his shoulder but the guard was giving us privacy,

"Can we talk on our way there, I don't know how long will it take for that idiot to find out the permit is a fake," he chuckled

"Ok," I smiled brightly, I didn't know what he meant but a part of me wanted to help this girl, I wanted to make Alrick proud... The wolf in me.

After thoroughly explaining over and over what the bite is, I grew anxious the closer we got, I don't know if I got it in I bite someone and turn them into... Me, I was dangerous, and I don't know if I want to put someone through that too, although if I don't bite her, she will die.

Standing over her bed, Alrick and I stared down at her, she was young and beautiful, she hasn't lived any life yet and she deserves a second chance. Dangling with the necklace around her neck that had the letter 'A' as the pendant,

"Wait," I mumbled,

"What?" Alrick whispered,

"I don't know how to you know... Shift,  I usually have to get anger first,"

"Then get angry,"

"I can't just get angry—"

"Think about someone you want to kill, that helps me,"

Closing my eyes I started to think about Valdomore and I felt bad because it's Alrick's dad. Feeling my canines brushing on my lips, I bit to girls' neck then I let her go, watching as her wheezing stops and turned into deep breaths, Alrick and I smiled at each other and we three became inseparable since.

Valdomore did find out about what I did to save Amber, I finally got to know what her pendant meant, it's her name, but now she is no longer a human girl, but my beta, the only reason why none of us were executed for what we did and that's because I was a good liar too good, and Valdomore thought he had finally broken me, but I was plotting his death in the back of my head. Soon, I began a warrior for them, kill werewolf after werewolf to prove my loyal, but on a regular day, I would train with Katherine who was helping me learn more about my werewolf side and I had to reteach these lessons to Amber, she was a hothead beta who ass I had to kick a couple of times so she would control her temper, but on good days it would be just Al and I would be breaking a bedhead or two. Turns out my wolf is attached to him because he is my mate, a secret we had to keep between us because it was forbidden, and his father would have my head.

After many years have passed, we survived a lot together, vampires and werewolves were at war with each other and the humans joined it, the lab I once worked for rebranded themselves as W. I. K. D, killing us and calling it the cleansing. It was a massacre that day, but it was also the perfect diversion to allow us to escape, yes us... I told them about my plan, and they knew... The whole time,

"I don't know if it's a good idea," Al complained, "I mean the human world is at war right now, this is our haven right now,"

Sliding our bodies against the wall, I said nothing, because he is right, but we won't get another chance like this.

Standing outside of the portal, we smiled at each other, but just as we were about to jump, we were ambushed,

"All this time," Valdomore said, "All this time,"

Al and Amber were pinned to the ground by other vampires,

"I will never serve you," I mumbled, as he approached me,

"Mom?" Alrick looked up at Katherine who emerged from the darkness,

"Mom how could you?" He asked, but she didn't answer.

It doesn't make sense now, Alrick is close to his mother so my guess is probably right, he told her about tonight, and she sold him out to Valdomore,

"I am sorry," she mumbled to me, "I couldn't make you leave with it,"

"Leave with what—"

I gasp as I felt the blade piercing through my stomach, my eyes watered when I fell to my knees, staring at Amber and Al who were trying to fight back, trying to save me... But it was too late, I was dead... Valdomore killed me.