-8-

-8-

You agreed to go to Taehyung's birthday after work, which was also Jungkook and Jimin's place too. You were nervous but at least you wouldn't be alone.

As you entered Taehyung's you were immediately struck with the scent of alcohol, it looked like pre drinks got a little out of hand as a group of people were playing twister on the floor.

You hung back from the crowd hoping to find Stevie but she was nowhere to be seen yet, you picked out the few faces you knew, Seokjin, Namjoon and you spot Jimin sitting with a brunette with a little boy asleep on her lap, they chatted and smiled at each other, which twisted your heart a little.

Taehyung hooked an arm over your shoulder from nowhere, holding you to him as he whispered something in your ear.

"That's Jimin's ex fiancé Eva and see that little boy, that's Jimin's son," he explained. "It was a whole drama a couple of years ago" you didn't know Jimin had a son but you hadn't really known each other long.

"They look perfect together" you smile at Taehyung and leave for the kitchen for a drink. Your chest was hurting, you were a little jealous and you could admit that but you and Jimin never really talked about your relationship either.

You down a beer, and another and then another, everyone was having fun, Stevie had arrived with Yoongi and Haven had arrived with Hoseok, but you just sat at the kitchen island alone for a while taking everything in.

A few friends of Taehyung had asked you to dance but you weren't really in the mood, you'd had a few beers, and Jimin hadn't approached you at all. So you got up to leave but Taehyung refused to let you go until you had played a few games with him. Drinking games.

"Hey" Eva says to Jimin "I'm going to leave soon, Pierre is picking me up, Our flight is tomorrow" She explains, Theo is only two years old, but she wanted Jimin to see him before they left for France.

"He's such a great kid, you've really done an awesome job raising him here, your parents are going to love him" Jimin strokes the little boy's black hair with love as he sleeps on the foyer sofa where it was quieter.

"I couldn't have done it without you, but I feel like I've been holding you back the past few years" Eva smiles at Jimin as he's looking at you through the archway, she holds no animosity towards you for wanting to be with her ex.

"Knock knock" a french accent descends on Jimin's curious ear.

"Hey Pierre, Jimin you've met my brother before right?" Pierre was tall, swarve and french, and Jimin thought he was a complete prick, ever since they first met, as he opposed his engagement to his sister from the beginning.