𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

Lexi continued to stare at where Alex once was standing as the silence of the room wrapped around her like a snake. She replayed the brothers' interaction in her head a few times before finally looking back over at her father. The Daniels girl found him still staring at where the blonde ghost once stood. As she watched the man in front of her, the thoughts in her head left the brothers' interaction behind before she began to think about how she would feel if she lost Ryder. Lexi wouldn't know what to do without him.

The redhead studied the expression on her father's face for another moment or two before she found the courage within her to wave her hand in front of his face to draw his attention to her. The man just stared at his daughter before a small sigh passed over his lips as his eyes fell back to where the drummer once stood.

"Are you okay, Dad?" the young girl quietly asked while placing Ryder's bongos on the floor next to her bed. When he didn't respond right away, guilt replaced the concern running through her veins before a sigh passed over her lips. "I'm sorry. I should have waited until you both agreed to meet."

"Lexi, what you did was amazing," Andy told her then pulled her in for a tight hug before whispering, "thank you for that. It really meant a lot to me."

A small smile appeared on the Daniels girl's face as she wrapped her arms around her father to return the embrace. The pair stayed like that for a while until Lexi heard her phone going off. The ginger stayed in the blonde's arms for a moment longer before pulling away from him to grab the device to see her alarm telling her it was time to go to Julie's.

"Looks like it's almost your time to shine," her father said as a proud smile formed on his face before he pulled his daughter in for another hug, "good luck, Lexi. You're gonna do great."

"Thanks, dad."

"Oh! I almost forgot! Isaac's coming too! He flew out from New York just to see you perform."

The Daniels girl's smile unnoticeably faltered a bit at the thought of the stress her uncle being here would put on Alex before she managed to shake it off a bit. "That's great! I can't wait for him to get here!"

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

The Daniels girl walked through the garden of the Molina residence and down the stairs that led to the studio before stopping at the sight of Carlos hiding behind the door. Lexi just watched the younger boy while trying to figure out what he was doing then her eyes landed on the phone in his hand that was pointed at Julie and Luke. Her eyes stayed on Julie's younger brother while this continued for a moment longer before she caught the smile on his face beginning to slowly fade. After sliding his phone into his back pocket, Carlos turned around to make his exit, only to jump when he saw Lexi staring back at him with a quirked eyebrow and curiosity in her eyes. Before Lexi even had a chance to ask him what he was doing, the Molina boy sent her a sheepish smile and sprinted past her toward his house.