New Beginnings

As Lillian hit the road she was filled with guilt and sadness for her mother. Even though her mother treated her so awful she still loved her. Lillian knew she had to do this for the greater good. On her way to New York she made a pit stop for gas she started looking online on her phone for internships in New York. When she came across a small advertisement for Stark Industries. Lillian read allowed, "Looking for someone with the intelligence to be my assistant in labs and engineering. If accepted upon testing and interview you will be paid very well." "The advertisement was rather small to be for Stark Industries." She thought. Rather than pass it up she called the number listed. "Stark Industries how may I direct your call?" A quirky female voice came across the phone. "I am calling about the Internship advertised." Lillian said. "One moment while I transfer you." Said the woman. As you are placed on hold you start driving again waiting for someone to come on the line. Then you hear the music cut off and hear a voice of another woman. "You've reached Tony Starks office this is Miss Potts how can I help you?" She asked. "My name is Lillian Nova and I'm calling about the internship that was listed online." Lillian said. "Please call me Pepper and I didn't think anyone was going to respond to the Internship." Pepper proclaimed. "Miss Potts I mean Pepper it was so small if you weren't paying attention you would miss it." Lillian said. "Well when can you get here?" Pepper asked. "I am still quite a bit away 3 to 4 hours tops." Lillian confessed. After a bit of conversation later with Pepper Lillian agreed to meet first thing the next morning.

Lillians POV

I make one last stop to refill the tank and to grab some food for the last hour drive I have to make. I look up the address for Stark Industries and put it in my gps that way I could see if there was a hotel nearby. I didn't care the cost I had put back enough money over the years to at least get a cheap apartment and stay a year without work. I wanted to make sure I got to my interview without fail and heard about the torture of New York traffic. I take off and finally in New York I drove by Stark Tower. I am in awe over the building. I decided to drive down and see a few hotels one that is really close and won't even take 5 minutes to walk. I pull into a parking garage next to the hotel and grab some of the things I will need locking up the rest. I don't want to haul everything inside I thought to myself. So I grab the nicest outfit I had and all my necessities to shower and do my make up. I went to go to check in and pay for my room I let the front desk know that if anyone called looking for me that I was not staying there this was a precaution just in case my mother would try and track me down. I was so exhausted from the trip all I wanted to do was sleep. Once I got in my room and locked the door and put my stuff down. I looked at the bed and jumped in. I thought to myself, " this is so much better than the frail mattress I slept on in the basement. So soft and comfortable." I got up and walked around the room I really needed to charge my phone and set an alarm so I can get up to get ready. I go shower and climb in bed. I finally fell asleep after tossing and turning only to slip into a nightmare.