The Interview

When you finally drift off to sleep you start to have nightmares about your mother the abuse you went through not only by your mother but the men she brought home. You try to wake up but you can't. Then when you see your mother as she goes to hit you, you hear the sound of your alarm. You wake up breathing heavy and about to have a panic attack. Your body feels like it is on fire. You go into the bathroom to shower and try to calm down. You try to focus on the interview, but you forgot about the bruises your mother left behind. Once you step out of the shower you look in the mirror. You think of how the make up is going to cover the ones on your face. You manage to cover it mostly.

You get ready, the outfit you chose was a pair of black slacks and a silky red blouse with short laced sleeves. You wear make up to look natural and professional. Shoes compliment the outfit you wear black Christian Louboutin boots with the red bottoms. These are the most expensive shoes you own and have saved them just for this occasion. You grab your keycard, wallet, and phone and put them in a small purse and grab your resume and everything you need for the interview. You're nervous but you leave the hotel and walk to Stark Industries. Once you arrive you are more nervous when you left the hotel and start to doubt yourself.

You almost go to walk away when you run into Pepper.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to run into you are you okay?"You ask

"I'm okay! Are you okay? Are you new here?" Pepper questions back.

"Im fine just nervous. I'm not new I have an interview today and don't think that they will think I'm a fit." You confess.

"You must be Lillian, I'm Pepper Potts. It's okay you don't have to be nervous. Just follow me and I will take you where you need to go." Pepper says, as she looks you up and down.

You nod your head and follow Pepper into the building to the front desk and gets you signed in and gets you access to go to the top floor. You walk into the elevator.

"Lillian did you bring everything with you that you needed for the Interview?" Pepper asks.

"Yes ma'am!" You reply and hand her a file.

You get to the top floor where Tony is in the lab going over things with Banner.

Pepper walks up to Tony. You see them talking and just stay put near the elevator in case you need to make a run for it. Tony goes over your file.

Just when you are fixing to leave because things are starting to feel awkward.

"Lillian is it?" Tony asks.

"Yes sir." You respond.

"Please don't call me sir I'm not that old am I?" Tony asks humorously.

"No Mr. Stark." You reply.

"Mr. Stark was my father call me Tony." He says.

"Yes sir I mean Tony my apologies, I'm just a little nervous." You respond.

"Well Lillian I know your here for the internship which I'm surprised because really I don't like doing internships that's why I had them make the ad so small." Tony glares at Pepper.

"We will discuss you tampering with my ad later Tony." Pepper exclaims.

You look defeated and thinking that this was too good to be true when....

"Well since you are here and you came all this way I'm going to have you do a series of tests while I wait on your background check. If you can pass them all the job is yours." Tony says.

"Thank you Tony I will give my all. Thank you again for the opportunity." You say trying not to be too excited.

They take you to do multiple tests. They take samples of blood and hair. They take you into a room and have you do tests to see how smart you are and how you work under pressure. You do everything they ask. After hours of testing they ask you to wait in the sitting area.

Tony's POV

"What do you think Banner?" You ask.

"She definitely not completely human that's for sure." Banner says as they look over all the labs and reports.