Part 18: Talk

(Just a picture of my dog.)

Lily's POV:

"What about our stuff?"

"Dad it's in here."

Rose said pointing to her back pack. She then looks at James' expression and laughs. When she is done laughing she looks down and sighs.

"Come, we have an two hours before the train leaves."

She then walks out of the portrait hole, and we follow. We walk through the corridors, and people stare at her. Rose's hair then starts to turn blue, and that's when I hear sniffles coming from her direction. James and I look at each and then back at Rose.

"Rose, are you okay?"

"Yeah, mom let go outside then I will explain."

I nod and we continue to follow her. She leads us outside and over to the carriages.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't able to see them."

"See what?"

"Thesterals. I can see them because I saw and heard you and dad die. I have had nightmares since it happened. With everything that happened the last couple of days I had that dream or I guess memory. Pads had told me to talk to you guys about that night. I just don't want you guys to leave me again."

"Oh, Rose we aren't going to leave you I promise."

"Dad, you can't promise me that. Even with the main threats are gone there are still smaller threats out there."

As I was listening to her I notice her tone held something else to it.

"Rose, what is really going on with you?"

She looked at me then at James, and bursts into tears.

"I remember everything from that night, and you and dad just came back. It's not fair I had to lose you in the first place."

"You said you remember what happened. What happened after we died?"

"I passed out after he shot the killing curse at me. I woke up to Sirius crying for you. I then started to cry, because my head was hurting. I guess he heard me crying, because I heard footsteps running up the stairs. He saw mom then looked around the room, and found me. He picked me up and told me that he wasn't going to leave me. He took me outside and was about to leave when Hagrid came. I had sensed dark magic coming off of him. Next thing I know I am at the Dursleys."

She falls to the ground sobbing. Next thing I know there is a black dog in her arms.

"Thank you Padfoot."

Padfoot changes back, and holds her.

"Rose, you know I didn't mean to leave you."

"I know, but it is still hard. They are close to my age. I wish none of this had to happen."

"If it didn't you wouldn't be as strong as you are now. They standing next you, and love maybe not as much I love you, but they love you."

She chuckles a little, and then I realized what he just said, but before I could speak Rose beat me to it.

"You do realize that they literally died for me?"

"Yeah, I can't beat that, but if I had to I would die for you to."

We laugh a little, but Rose looked behind James and I and smiled.

"Yeah, I also have a family."

We look where she was looking and smile.

"Let's go home cub."

"I am already there, because my family is my home."