Chapter 11

It was more harder than I thought. Just as I reached the second floor and collapsed. I heard footsteps rushing towards me.

Oh shit. I did not want anyone to see me weak. I tried to get up but the pain was too much. I couldn't lean on my hand too but it gave out too. I heard the footsteps get closer and closer and then she appeared. She gasped. I might have been a horrible sight covered in blood.

She extended her hand so to help me up but I resisted. Why is she helping me? Because I helped her sister? I didn't need sympathy. I tried to get up again but to no avail.

"Can I help now?"

I let out a groan by nevertheless took her extended hand.She helped me up and I half leaned on her and started to the hospital ward.

"No"

"No, what?"

"I don't need to go there"

She looked at me dumbfounded. I rolled my eyes.

"Just help me upstairs"

"Bu"

Ugh. What is with these people today. Can't they just follow my orders.

"Just.get.me.upstairs" I said with a air of finality, I saw something flash in her eyes. I did not understand what it was. I can read people easily. But I could not understand her. But its not the time to think about that. I need to tend to my wounds. I had to deal with the prisoners. I had to find out why they need Joan. I could ask Caroline. But no. She probably wouldn't tell me. I am a stranger to her. Hah. When have I ever cared about that? What is this girl doing to me?

"So where to now?"She asked me when we reached the third floor. I directed her to my office. I wanted to go to my room but I did not want her to see my room. She opened the door to my office and helped to the sofa.

Is there a first aid kit or something?

I nodded and looked at the table. She got the message and walked over to my desk and opened one of the drawers. Her eyes widened but she quickly regained her composure. Hmm. Thats curious. She must have seen the gun in the drawer. She closed the drawer and opened another one. She took out the first aid box and walked over to me. I extended my hand expecting her to hand it over, but instead she crouched down and started examining my leg.

"What are you doing?"

She frowned." I am examining your wound so that I can clean it up" I could clearly hear the duh.

"Why?  I can do it myself"

She rolled her eyes. Normally I get angry when people roll there eyes at me.But she just looks .. cute? Ugh.

"Do not roll your eyes at me and give me the first aid box, I can do it myself, I have done it a million times"

"Not when one of your hands is injured"

I smirked. " You underestimate me, dear"

She rolled her eyes again. "Just let me do it" I just nodded. I was exhausted. She is a stubborn girl. I leaned back on the couch and I watched her precise moments. She must have gone to medical school. But then why work in a coffee shop? The mysteries about her just keep growing and growing.

I started to examine her face. She has a slender build and a olive complexion. She has chocolate brown eyes and long wavy dark brown hair which ended in slight curls. In short, she looks absolutely beautiful.

She snapped her fingers in front of my face. The nerve. I wonder if she knew who I am if she would work up the courage to do that.

"Are you even listening? I said I am done. Who shot you?"

"None of your business, Car" she arched an eyebrow. I smirked.

She rolled her eyes. What is with this girl and eye rolling.

"Fine." she muttered and started to walk away. She opened the door and was about to go away when I did something that I never expected I would ever do.

"Hey Caroline" she turned around.

"Yes?"

"Thank you"

She seemed a bit shocked but she nodded and walked away closing the door behind her.

Thank you? Hah. Nik Hayes never said thank you or sorry. I am  the most ruthless and cruel man known. Heck I am the king to the Italian Mafia and I am going soft for the girl I just met.

Comment and vote.