Chapter 2

I feel like this has been a long day after that incident with the tricycle driver and that Ford Ranger guy. Lakad-takbo pa ang ginawa ko para lang makaabot sa pagtatime-in, not that Archie would really care if I'm late but I feel a bit concious whenever I get late.

I almost rolled my eyes when I saw an unexpected person na nakaantabay sa waiting area. Oh no, not today! Kagabi ay tinadtad din ako nito ng maraming text messages and I didn't even bother reading those. I sighed. Great! I am late and now I have to deal with him.

"Maya..can we talk?" Ken said. Dala nito ang gitara at mukang kauuwi lang mula sa gig. I seriously don't know how can he live with such lifestyle.

"Ken, I am really sorry, I have no time for this, I am so late. Medyo madami pa akong hahabuling deadlines. " I lied.

"I am sure Archie could vouch you on that. Hindi pa tayo nagkakausap ng masinsinan about the last night." He said while massaging the back of his neck.

I composed myself. I just really want this day to end. What else could go wrong today.

"Ken, I told you, we're done. I didn't need the explanation. I've seen it already. This isn't the first time. For four months, you had that hobby." I said calmly.

"Kaya nga gusto kong mag-apologize personally. I'm sorry okay? I told you, hindi na iyon mauulit. Last night was nothing." He said.

"Yeah. Last month was nothing too, 2 months ago was nothing too, its not healthy. If you want that kind of toxic relationship, I don't want to be in it. Count me out." I tried to be more composed. I am starting to get irritated. How I wish Prim is here to nag on him.

" Ganyan na ba kasarado ang isip mo? You still don't want to hear me out? Umamin naman ako oo, aminado naman ako. This time is different, I told you wala iyon--"

"Ken..." Napahilot ako ng sentido. My anxiety level is hitting me hard right now. Ayokong pagsisihan ang mga pwede ko pang sabihin.

"This time hits different because of all the many times na ginawa mo iyon, ngayon lang ako nakipaghiwalay. That is why, you are going to deny what I saw. This has no point at all. Pagod ka lang. You should go home, meditate or do something to move on."

We are not definitely having this conversation in the middle of the lobby kaya lang masyadong makulit ang isang ito. How hard it is to admit that he did something wrong and that all we have to do is just move on.

I was planning to walk out when he said something that totally hit my nerve.

"Madali sayong sabihin ang move on. Ganyan ka ba talaga? You don't even listen? I am aware you had two failed relationships before me. Now I know. Kaya ka siguro iniiwan dahil unfair ka, you just close your mind like that. You don't consider-- " he smirked at me. My left brow raised.

"You seriously don't know anything about me Ken. But here's a thing,  I don't listen to someone who had several failed relationships too just because of being an asshole. You have your standards on a relationship, I have too, respect that. Let's get this conversation over okay? I have to go. You take care.." I can see that he's about to surrender. Bigla akong nakaramdam ng awa. He seems tired from the gig at nagpunta pa talaga siya para makausap ako. I sincerely appreciate that but it doesn't mean I have to overlook the fact that his been cheating. I don't want another betrayal. Nobody wants that.

I felt relief nang makaalis na si Ken. Maayos siyang nagpaalam sa akin and I did the same. I totally have nothing against him. He was a good and caring friend too. Nang makapasok ako sa office ni Archie ay may kausap ito sa phone. He raised his hand asking me to wait and pointed someone at my back. Nagtataka akong napalingon sa likuran ko only to be surprised by AJ, Archie's wife, a friend of mine too and who happens to be my attending psychiatrist.