3

Checking to see that her bed mate was still knocked out cold, Jisoo sighed and hit dial on Irene's phone.

It took eight rings for Hank to pick up, and by that time she wasn't privy to niceties. "Hello, Hank, it's Jisoo. Just thought you should know that I took Irene out with me last night and she'll be home later. Thanks so much for checking on her."

Hank's gruff voice made her proceed to roll her eyes. It was nearly eleven am and he sounded like he'd just rolled out of bed. "Jesus, Jisoo. I just got up for work like two seconds ago, you didn't give me a chance to call. Is she okay?"

"Yeah, no thanks to you." Jisoo checked her nails nonchalantly as she waited for his pathetic excuses as to why he didn't chase after her, begging on his knees asking her not to leave him.

"Well I'm not particularly in the mood for being talked to like this so tell her I'll be home later, alright?"

"You'll be lucky if your shit's not in a garbage bag on the front lawn. And not that you asked, but Eric asking her out was all my idea so take it a little easier next time, could you? Thanks. Bye."

She hung up before Hank could reply back with his usual snark.

Tossing the phone on the nightstand, Jisoo stood up and stretched her legs before walking over to the side of the bed Irene was taking up space on. Still very much asleep and still very much in last night's clothes, Jisoo had to laugh. Seeing Irene the morning after she drank never failed to be the funniest thing she'd see all day. With her makeup smeared and hair going every which direction, Irene looked like a washed up version of her typical ensemble, so naturally Jisoo snapped a few photos for later blackmail use. After giggling to herself and posing in half a dozen pictures with Irene's sleeping figure, she lightly tapped her back with manicured fingers.

"Wake up, drunkie, your best friend has been waiting all night to hear about what you did."

When Jisoo had picked Irene up, the latter was a babbling mess of incoherent phrases and sobs, only able to choke out a string of words that sounded like 'Hank,' 'fight,' 'Eric,' 'tequila,' 'Lisa,' 'bathroom,' and 'kiss.' Jisoo had never been good at word games and wanted the details as soon as possible, never mind how hungover Irene was likely going to be.

The previous night when she had offered Irene a makeup wipe and clothes to sleep in, the latter had drunkenly fought her off and made it very clear that she deserved to sleep in her uncomfortable dress after what she'd done. Thus Jisoo's interest was peaked, presuming it must have been something pretty bad.

Irene slowly blinked her eyes open and they immediately flew shut as she mumbled, "Too bright."

"Oh shit, that's my bad, let me close them," Jisoo rushed over to crack the window and shut the blinds as tight as possible. "There, some fresh air and no more sun. Can you stop being a little bitch now and tell me what happened?" She stalked back over and lightly shoved Irene off her half of the bed and crawled under the covers.

Irene was immediately attracted to her warmth and snuggled closer to it, wearily dropping her head in the crook of Jisoo's arm like she'd spent all night traveling and needed a place to lay it down. "I don't want to talk about it. At all. Ever."

"Well that fucking sucks," she fixed Irene with a gaze that told her she had no choice but to spill everything. To encourage her into speaking, she ran her fingers lovingly through Irene's hair and held her limp body close. "Whenever you're ready."

Taking a deep breath, Irene opened her mouth and started speaking. "Well, I fought with Hank over Eric's number—"

Jisoo interrupted her, "Yes, you yelled at me about that in the car. I called Hank and fixed that situation right up."