5

Sometimes the universe liked to play tricks on Irene.

Trick her into believing things are better than they seem. And see, the thing is, Irene had been playing these games for five years too long. She was done playing. The universe brought her into Lisa's arms and goddamn was she ready to accept it.

After Irene had found Lisa's sweet note, she lounged in bed for a few hours to enjoy the silence of the house. Even Leo seemed to enjoy the emptiness, able to roam freely as he pleased without the toxic male presence staggering over him like a giant. He spent his newfound freedom bumping his wet nose against Irene's bare legs, begging to be played with and paid attention to.

With Lisa on her mind like always, Irene snapped a few photos of him and sent them all to her, grinning when she replied, 'you gotta stop sending me these, I'm about to leave my job and come over to cuddle.'

Smiling cheekily, Irene answered, 'Don't do that baby, someone's gotta support our cat treat addiction. It's an expensive habit.'

Abruptly, Lisa switched subjects and texted back, 'i keep thinking about those noises you made last night when i had my fingers inside you. will you come over later?'

Irene clenched her thighs together. It never failed to surrender her to Lisa's mercy, this decimating rush of arousal. With a few simple words and the promise of later pleasure, Lisa could get Irene to do anything. Murder, kidnapping, treason? All fell under the umbrella of things that would be considered mere casualties to her.

Laughing under her breath, Irene took a moment to compose herself before giving Lisa the benefit of a reply. If she was going to do this right now, Lisa would have to wait for a proper response instead of being gifted an immediate answer.

'Do you think you can be good for me and wait? I have something planned for us. Are you free after work? '

Seconds later, 'but i want to hear them right now ;) i'm @ work dripping at the thought, honeybee. and for you, always.'

Honeybee. Irene's chest clenched at the pet name, unable to fight off the swarm of affection that blossomed inside her like a beautiful flower growing from dirt and ash. It made her giddy; knowing Lisa meant every word of affection that dripped off her tongue in obscenely sweet ways. It was worth every day of the last nine years.

'Can you behave yourself until later? I want to take you somewhere, but it's a surprise. After that I'd like to see what kind of noises you'll make when I spread your thighs and put my mouth in between them. Maybe I'd even let you ride my fingers afterwards. Is that okay?'

Deviously, she opened her camera and aimed it at her chest. Pulling up her shirt, Irene managed to tug her lace bra down with one hand to expose a pert nipple to the cool air filtering inside her room. Snapping a photo of her half clothed chest, she sent it off to Lisa. Dragging her bottom lip between teeth, she waited for a response with bated breath and quivering thighs.

Lisa didn't disappoint.

After a beat her reply came through, making Irene laugh out loud into the empty room.

'i'm about to say fuck these cats and quit my job. fuck these customers too. you're the hottest fucking thing i've ever seen, you know that? you'll pay for this later though, don't worry.'

'There's more where that came from if you're good.'

'didn't you know i'm an absolute angel?'

Irene could picture Lisa's cute pout in her mind, the prominent frown lines and pleading look in her eyes. It made Irene want to buy her every single rose garden and star in the sky if it meant Lisa could have a fleeting moment of happiness.