Part 4: A little help to remember

Bucky
Whilst waiting for Shuri to arrive, the rest of the team are all doing their part in searching for Pierce. However, I refuse to move from the cells. I needed to make sure Rose is okay. Although she is barely acknowledging me, I can't keep my eyes off of her. I don't know how much time passes as I just sit here but soon enough I hear Shuri's voice.  "So Stark, I heard that you need my help" Shuri laughs as she gets closer to me. 
"As much as I hate to admit it, yes we do." I hear Tony reply as they enter the room.

"We need your help reconfiguring a super soldiers mind again" Bruce tells her as he joins us outside of the cell along with the rest of the team.

"Oh god, you've got another" she laughs, as they enter the compound.

"Well this one is prettier than the last." Nat smirks when her eyes meet Rose's.

"Oh yes. I'd definitely have to agree with Nat on that" Thor tells Shuri, as the rest of the team laughs. I can't bring myself to join in, not when she is sat in there completely lost just as I once was. She can't hear us from inside of the cell, Tony made it completely sound proof in there. There's no hint of emotion showing on her face. She just sits there staring towards us. Although she isn't looking at us, it's like she is staring right through us.

They all laugh at Thor's comment before heading downstairs to the lab. I of course don't join them, they don't need me down there. I slip back into my daydream of how I first met Rose. How innocent she was. How HYDRA has now made her into something that she really didn't deserve. Im snapped out of my day dream when I see Rose drop to the floor in her cell. What the hell is going on? I immediately rush to the glass where I see her body looking lifeless on the ground. "Rose, Rose. Wake up." I shout in attempt for her to hear me. Why isn't she moving?
After a few minutes they all return upstairs again. "Buck it's okay." I hear Steve's voice. "Tony just released a gas into her cell to incapacitate her so Shuri could head in."
"God she's okay." I let out a breath of relief at the news.
Shuri enters her cell and begins to examine her. I watch Shuri's every move, I know she wouldn't hurt her but I still feel the need to protect her. After doing what she needs to, she heads back out to join us all. "Good news, both the memory wipe and mind control is not as extensive as Bucky's was, so it shouldnt take as long to fix it. But..."
"But what?" I interject.
"It's going to be painful." Shuri tells me. She's gone through so much pain already, I don't want her to have to go through anymore pain. I know it's what's best for her but i remember what it's was like for me, and Shuri said it was going to be worse than that. A hand on my shoulder draws me out of my imminent spiral, "She's strong, she can handle it" Clint reassures me. I obviously wasn't masking my worry well. I give Shuri a slight nod and with that she heads back inside with Bruce and Tony following her.
The others all head back upstairs but I just sit myself down against the wall facing her cell. I'm not leaving her side, I don't care how long it takes them.
~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been about 10 hours give or take and I'm still sat in the same place. Steve brought me water down but I've barely had any. I've left the room once only to use the bathroom and Steve stayed to keep an eye on her for me. They kept her out of my direct line of vision and the mic's in the cell were turned off. I'm glad they done it, I don't think I could bear to see or hear it. "You can go in now"
That's all I need and I take off as fast as my legs can take me. I immediately take a seat next to her. I still can't believe she is here. I study her face, scared that she is going to disappear again. I softly stroked her cheek, I just can't help myself. "God I hope you're ok doll" I whisper, caressing her hair.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Throughout the whole day that followed her procedure, I remained by her side just hoping for her to wake up. Bruce and Shuri performed regular check ups on her and assured me that she was fine. Steve tried multiple times to get me to leave Rose's side but each time he failed to do so.