Part 7: Connections

Rose
Later on I headed back downstairs to train. I barely begin on the punching bag when I hear someone come in. The footsteps are almost silent, there's only one person that can be. I turn to see the pretty red head smiling at me. "Want a training partner?" she asks.

I smile at her offer. "Sure I'd love one." I reply.

I take of my boxing gloves and place them on the bench as I see Nat grab 2 escrima sticks. I follow behind her to the ring as she hands me one. A smirk flashes across her face as she lunges towards me. I barely have time to grab the stick before I have to use it to block her advance. We go strike for strike, block for block and before long it's the exhaustion that calls the spar to a draw. "You're good." I tell her, trying to catch my breath.
"As are you." she responds with a bright smile. "I think I've found my new best friend." she laughs. "You want to train with me tomorrow, 8am?"

"I'll see you then" I laugh as she heads out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's cold, so cold. I don't know where I am, it feels like I'm strapped down what is this. It's too bright, I can't see. There's muffled voices but I can't make out the faces that they belong to. "We finally have you back black hawk". No, no, no! That voice. It can't be. No. My eyes began to adjust to the light and that's where I see him. Alexander Pierce.
"You should know by now that you belong to me, I will always get you back." I fight back the tears. This can't be, I can't be here. I hear the hum I know all too well. That's when my head gets forced to the side and the sound comes closer. "No, no, no." I scream at the top of my lungs. " Let me go. Let me go!" This is it I can't escape. I scream at the top of my lungs.
Suddenly I jolt up right and try to stop my screaming. I can't catch my breath, why is it so hard to breath. I look around and I realise I'm in my room at the avengers compound. I'm not there. Thank god, I'm not there. It felt so real. I can't stop the tears from flooding.
I hear the door to my room slam open but I can't force myself to look up. My heads in my hands and the tears won't stop. I'm suddenly pulled into a hug and I instantly know who it is. I replace my hands with his chest and continue sobbing. "Hey, hey. It's ok. I'm here. You're safe." he calmly reassures me.

My sobs grow weaker as he runs his hand up and down my back."Please don't leave me Bucky."I plead. He can't leave me, I need him here. I can't do this by myself, it's too much.

He pulls away and holds my face, looking directly into my eyes. "I'm never leaving you again, I promise." he says.

He lightly strokes my cheek with his thumb comforting me whilst his eyes remain locked on mine. I can't help it but my eyes flicker to his lips. It was only a brief glance but when I returned my gaze to his eyes I noticed he had done the same as me. All that can be heard in this moment is our breaths. He slowly drew closer and I could feels his breath on my lips. I close my eyes and take a deep breath and not a second later I feel his lips on mine. The kiss was passionate yet gentle. It was as if all of my worries faded away the second that his lips touched mine. All of the thoughts racing through my heads stilled and my mind became completely calm. It just felt right. I never want this moment to end.

"Hey Rose are you..." Nat says as she enters the room. We jolt away from each other at the sudden intrusion, before I hear her voice trail off in realisation. "Oh" she says laughing. "I can see that you're fine now so I'll just see you in the morning." She smiles before leaving the room.

We both laugh at Nat as she leaves the room before our focus returns to each other. "Buck, could you please...erm" I ask looking down at my sheets embarrassed about what I want to ask him.

"Yes, I'd be happy to stay with you." he reads my mind as he climbs into bed with me. I'm happy he's here for me. I am so grateful to be with him here. With him is the only place I feel safe.