Chimerical

"Brother! How are you today!"
Russia cringed at the sound of his younger sister's voice. He turned towards Belarus and plastered on a smile, " Hello, Belarus. I am well. How are you doing?"
Belarus tried to ignore the fact that her brother shivered with fear as she proceeded to link their arms together. " I was upset that we had a boring world conference today, that is until I remembered I would see you!"
"Hmm, oh! I just remembered! I must see someone about an important matter! I will see you later, yes?" Russia said breaking away from her grip on his arm.
Belarus watched him as he walked ( you could tell he wanted to run) away. Usually it didn't bother her, because she knew that one day her beautiful brother would be hers. Today, however, she felt like it would never happen.
Scrunching her brow, she was so lost in her thoughts and daydreams that she had no idea someone was coming up behind her.
" Hey! Nat!! How are you?!"
Spinning around, she brandished her knife.
"Whoa!! That's a wicked cool knife!! You should be careful with it though! You could hurt someone with that!"
Belarus grimaced at the blond smiling country that was right in her face. " America... How many times must I tell you, do not call me by my human name." Gritting her teeth she forced herself to put away her knife, she couldn't afford to cause another accident at yet another world meeting.
"Aww! C'mon, I'll let you call me Alfred!! Or Alfie!! Or maybe Sunflower! Hehehe!" America said.
Glaring at him, Belarus realized that the whole time America was talking to her, his hands where behind his back.
" What is behind your back?" Belarus asked, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.
Blushing, America grinned and said, "Well... I got you.... these!!!" America whipped out a bunch of roses.
Belarus's eyes widen, "W-what is this?" She carefully took the roses from America.
Rubbing the back of his neck, America grinned sheepishly, "Weeellll.... that's actually not the only present for you. I also got you... this." From his pocket he took out a knife.
Belarus took the knife from his hands, looking up at him confused. " I already have knives, I did not need you to get me another one."
" I know... but just look at it and you'll see what makes it awesome!" America said giddy and rocking on his heels.
Belarus shoved the roses into America's chest. " Very well, I will indulge you this one time." To be honest she was indulging herself, it wasn't often that she was given gifts.
Unsheathing it, she couldn't help but gasp. It was made out of opal, and was shining a rainbow of colors. " T-this is..."
" Yup! It's a Native American style opal knife, I spent a while making it!!"
"But... why? Why are you doing this?Why are you given me all these gifts? What do you want?" She said gripping the knife, refusing to look up at him.
Taking a deep breath, America quickly said " Nat- I mean... Belarus, I've been meaning to say... I love-"
"Oi!!! Alfred!!! Get your lazy butt in here!! We have things to discuss before you do your presentation!" England said poking his head out of a room down the hall.
"Oh! Um... I'll tell you later, 'kay Nat? Um... I'll see you later!" Handing her the roses back, he gave a shaky grin at Belarus and briskly walked towards the cursing Englishman .
Belarus didn't know why, but she felt like somehow she needed, more than anything, to hear what America had to say to her.