𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢, 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨?
____________________________________

Dear Maria, I actually kissed Sydney Novak. And she kissed me back! That had to be the best moment of my entire life!

Also, off topic, but my powers seem to be getting easier to manage. I'm not raging and hurting people like I thought these powers would cause me to do. But, also, someone called 'The Shadow' visited me. They said that they were somebody that I used to know? I don't really know who that could be.

I sat my pen down on my dresser drawer and looked at Amara who was dressing.

"Amara?" I asked her.

"Hmm?" She hummed back in question.

"Do you ever feel like you're being... watched?" I asked slowly.

"I mean, when I was back in India, I did, atleast a couple times." She said, stopping what she was doing and turning to me, "Why? Do you feel like you're being watched?"

"Well, I mean, yeah, I do feel that way. And so, I have something to tell you." I said to Amara, "Come sit." I patted the spot next to me on the bed.

Amara came and sat.

I took a deep breath, and then exhaled.

"So, remember that day when I ran out of the bowling alley, and you and Stanley found me in an old dark alley?" I asked her. She shook her head 'yes'.

"Well, on that same day, in the same alley, right before you two showed up, someone 'visited' me. Like, a cloaked person. It was terrifying, Mar. They said I knew them before. They said their name was 'The Shadow'."

Amara looked at me with a terrified expression, "Why didn't you tell me? Does Stanley know?"

I shook my head 'no'.

"Well, I'm glad I know now." Amara said with a caring smile as she squeezed my hand, as in asssuring that I'd be fine.

"Girls!" I heard my mum yell from downstairs, "It's about time to get to school!"

Amara and I seperated ourselves and grabbed our backback's before leaving for school in my car, saying goodbye to our mum's and hugging them off.

• • • • •

"Hey, Sydney." I said as I walked to the lunch table and taking a seat next to her.

"...We could just go to have fun, do the funky chicken, drink some punch." Stanley had said to her, "Oh, hey, Mary-Anne."

"Hey, what's going on?" I said.

"I'm talking to Sydney about the dance."

"Oh cool."

"You know, we could just give it all a big, proper go." Stanley finished.

"Sorry, what?" Sydney said, snapping out of whatever trance she was in. I saw Amara sit with a group of girls that included Lena.

"Um... homecoming. You, me, this weekend." Stanley said again.

It seemed totally fine to me, because they really were just friends.

"Oh, I don't know, Stan. I've got a lot of shit on my mind." Sydney declined.

"Yeah, okay." Stanley said, "So we won't go. We could just go do somethin' else."

"Like?" Sydney asked as I took a sip of my 'coke' that I brought from home.

"Like... we can... test your powers again?" Stanley suggested.