Commander (Part IV)

Year 20 - Commander
Planet Primae

° ° ° °

Percy had been a full twenty years on Primae. A full two decades in the Chaos Army. It was his ninth year as Commander. And still, Andrew Faren had not gained the courage to ask him out.

"Dude, I told you. Ichor has a thing for blonds. This can only help you," Travis argued.

"Ok, but what about their eyes."

"Well... his first crush had blue eyes, but then they turned gold—long story, don't ask, definitely don't mention it around him—and his second crush-turned-girlfriend had grey eyes, so I doubt he cares about eye color."

"You seriously can't tell me their names? Not even a last name?" Andrew pleaded with his second.

Travis sighed, "You know I can't. Ichor would gut me if he even knew I was sharing this information."

"Hey, guys," greeted Mason as he walked over to their table in the General's Lounge, "What are we talking about?"

"Andrew is still pining over a certain Commander."

"We only have one Commander, idiot," Andrew glared.

The other two only laughed at him.

"Say, how many did he have before the army anyhow? Can you tell us that?"

"How many what?" Travis asked.

"Relationships or crushes or one-night stands."

"One, two, zero."

Now it was Mason's turn to be confused. "What?"

"One relationship, a very serious one at that, took them four years to get together. Two crushes, the girl he was in a relationship with and the older guy, my half-brother. It was more of a hero-worship type of crush than something he'd actually pursue. Wait, technically there was this redhead, but she was never anything serious and it definitely wouldn't have worked out. And as far as I know, he never had a one-night stand or anything like that. I mean he did disappear to this hidden island and we thought he was dead, but he assured us nothing happened. Well, he assured his girlfriend. Kinda."

"Seriously? He has done it before though, right?"

"Mason, please don't ask me that."

"Yeah, please don't ask him that," Andrew agreed with Travis, even if he was curious about the answer.

Andrew had dated and done more promiscuous things, but he knew each relationship he had after he met Ichor was only to fill the void of longing for someone he couldn't be with.

"Hey! I'm just looking out for you. Do you think he's a to-"

"Mason!" they both shouted.

"What are we yelling at Mason for this time?" came a voice from the doorway.

All three heads snapped up to see their Commander leaning casually against the frame. He was still devoid of emotive expression, but there was a teasing edge to his tone.

"Don't tell me he forgot to file his reports again."

Thankful for the answer he was just handed, Mason ran with it. "I'll have you know, Ichor, that I always remember to file the reports. Whether I do so is another matter entirely."

Percy raised an unimpressed eyebrow at his second.

"Well, I suggest you 'do so' now or I will have to take further action. It would be a shame to get a second martial citation."