Part 1

——————————————

Lockwood Prep. The catholic all age, private school for children and those who need the holy. A bunch of bull shit if you ask me. Boarding schools are just institutions for kids that screwed something over with their parents or legal guardian. In this case, I've been failing biology and geometry at Manhattan high school. Due to this, my beloved grandmother has sent me away from my only friend Arthur about 110 miles away at Sag harbor where Lockwood prep for the rich pricks is located.

Yea and today is my last day at high school with my only ever true friend since day one in New York when I was 13. We lived in the same apartment complex but only found out after the fact that I spilled chocolate milk on him during lunch in 8th grade. Ever since then we have been by each other's side. And my grandma loved him almost more than me.

——————————————

"Last day as an Indian, aye," Arthur knocks me out of my gaze as the sign lights up with a white man in a walking position.

As we cross to the other side of the street as random people hit me on accident just trying to make their way around, "Yea, I guess you're right. I mean not like I'm gonna really miss it I'm glad to be leaving Lydia's girl posse of bullies behind, oh and Brett the lacrosse player that seems to make sure everyone stays miserable."

"Well don't forget you're leaving me," Arthur tries to explain why school there isn't so bad.

"Nope, you're just as bad as the rest." I scolded while turning my head away in a sarcastic manner, " it was your fault I'm failing two classes. Just never seems to be able to make the time for homework."

Rolling his eyes, " you know I was willing to help but the one time I had a date with Nelly the dweeb was the time you forgot to study for the biology summary."

We both giggle as we near the brown school building. Entering the main entrance to the hallway where the rest of the students sat or stood talking to their friends. Arthur had some other geek friends that always seemed to have some weird obsession with me. As weird as they were I knew Arthur would be fine when I left. Well, maybe not fine but definitely sane.

Arthur walked up to his geeky friends and of course Nelly, "Well the nerd bunch is here and now that I would like to not ruin my last impression on this school I'll be heading to English while you all can talk about some weird game. See ya during math loser."

Arthur gave a finger gun as I walked away and as a usual thing, I pretended to get shot only to walk in the direction of Mr. Robins' lovely class. I always came prepared and early due to the fact this was one of the only classes I seemed to be good at.

"Well howdy partner," I tip over my imaginary hat towards the teacher as I take my seat near the window.

"You know I'm going to miss that little get up of yours," Mr. Robins points out my stupid gesture I tend to do all the time.

"Well, sir your class is going to be the only thing I'll be missing.''

He giggled as he starts writing something on the green chalkboard.

Other students started to pile into the classroom. I didn't really care due to the headphones I had placed on earlier and the book I had pulled out of my bag.

More students started to gather in the room and more seats started to fill. Brett the only senior in this class had entered the room. Due to being an all-star on the team, he was able to re-take Mr. Robins' class.

"Yooo! Mr. Robins, Bretts in the house!" The boy said soon after the bell had just rung.

"Mr. Jones you know how I feel about shouting in the classroom once the class has begun," he said as he pointed to the open seat in the front.

"Yea not only that, but it's also 8:30 in the morning and my brain still is up to it's full function," I mumble under my breath only for my ears to hear.

Brett went to his seat and played around with a number 2 pencil. This class we were analyzing literature specifically "How To Kill a Mockingbird" though this is a book I have read before and due to that Mr.Robins let me finish the assignment last week. The class went on and instead of doing another assignment  I just read a book. Speak. The book is basically about a freshman girl who got sexually assaulted during the summer and she hadn't told anyone. The book isn't long about 197 pages long meaning I should be able to return this book before 3:30. After Mr.Robins' class, I had a gym and nothing special about running around the track field. I did almost trip over my untied shoelace. The day went on living a terrible tale of classes I didn't want to be at and lunch tables filed with Arthur's nerds of friends. 9th period was my favorite part of the day. Music. I wasn't able to play my guitar but luckily for me I knew how to play the violin and piano. I played the piano often except for when Mikayla wanted to. She had some sort of disability that caused the teachers to allow her to do anything I didn't mind but then I'd have to play the violin near one of Lydia's posse members.

Once the day ended Arthur and I would meet up by the bench in the courtyard to walk home.

We walked home about 5 blocks away and talked about our days, Arthur went on about how dumb his biology partner was and how he was just so incapable. I didn't have much to share and was rather quiet the walk home.

"Arthur as much as I would loooove to know about Nelly's weird rash on the back of her neck I really got to finish packing," I said unlocking the mail and heading up the flight of stairs. "And sometimes you need to not share so much about others."

He scratched the back of his head, " ha yea sorry but maybe I could come over and help you?"

"Yea you can come over for dinner around 7," I walked into my apartment 205.

We parted our ways and I went into my house slipping of my mismatch converse under the key rack. And in the corner of the room laid miss Piper on top of the cat tree.

——————————————
A/N:

Ok, I hope you enjoyed this chapter it was more of a filler to get to know her life before boarding school.

Also I wanted to make Juliette have a friend and Arthur spoke to me so I added him and a little back story. I'm am sad to see Mr. Robins leave so soon but I don't think this will be the end.

And make sure to vote and comment 🙏