three.

Led Zeppelin blared from Ree's record player as she sat at her vanity in the corner of her bedroom, her makeup brush running red powder over her cheeks. She was wearing her black Todd Rundgren t-shirt with her flared blue jeans, her hair down with her wavy bangs framing her face. After finishing the last touches on her makeup, Ree grabbed her brown purse off her bed and headed downstairs where the rest of the gang was waiting by the Vista Cruiser.

Ree slipped into the backseat of the Vista Cruiser, knowing that Eric would want Donna to sit up front with him. Don't say I never did anything for you, Eric, Ree thought to herself.

As Eric slid into the driver's seat, Kelso opened the passenger side door. Donna smiled up at Kelso, "Aw, Kelso," she said, believing him to be opening the door for her, "that's sweet." She moved to sit down in the car.

"Actually, I'm riding shotgun," Kelso said.

"No, you're not!" Donna exclaimed, glaring at him.

"Well, I'm not riding in the back!"

"What's wrong with the back?" Ree called from inside the car, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, everyone knows the back is for the losers," Eric said, smirking back at his twin.

"Ha. Ha," Ree said, sarcastically. "You're just so funny, Eric."

"I know, thanks, Valerie."

"Well, why don't we let Eric decide?" Donna said to Kelso, before the two popped their heads in to look at him.

"Kelso," Eric said. Kelso grinned, moving to get into the front seat. "Get in the back," Eric finished with a grin of his own. Kelso almost fell over trying to get out of the front so quickly, before he clambered into the backseat beside Ree.

"Great," Kelso sighed, looking at Ree. "I'm with the loser."

Ree's jaw dropped and she pinched Kelso's arm. "Jerk. You never used to think I was a loser before."

"OUCH!" Kelso screeched, rubbing his arm excessively. "And that's because you weren't a loser until 8th grade."

"Huh, conveniently after I broke up with you." Ree glared.

Donna was finally settled into the front seat when Red strolled out into the driveway to say goodbye. "Taking her for a spin, eh?" Red asked.

"Yes, sir," Eric said, looking out the window at their dad.

"Well, have a good time," Red said, surprisingly with a smile. "Oh, one more thing, very important about the car," he said, leaning down to Eric's window. "She's old, so no trips out of town. Ever. Understood?" He smiled, tapping the side of the car twice before standing straight back up. "Well, have fun." He smirked and walked away.

It was as if her father had stepped on and crushed her dreams. She had been looking forward to this concert for weeks now, only for it to be ruined by one last minute rule. It was ridiculous, but there was nothing Ree could do about it. Her father made the rules. She had to follow them.

"Well, I guess that's that," Eric said, "we're not going."

Ree nodded in agreement, "There's no way we can go now that he said that."

"Eric, do you want to go?" Donna asked.

"He said no trips out of town!" Eric exclaimed.

"Ever!" Ree added, her eyes wide.

"It's your car," said Donna. "Do you wanna go?"

"But, he's God," Eric said, gesturing towards the house where Red had walked off to.