chapter twenty-nine.

for you, nan apado joh-a

hamkkehaneun dong-an neoge sangcheoman

namgyeojun nanikka

but you nega wonhan salang

naboda na-eun salam manna haengboghae

nal ij-eul mankeum man-eun anigil

Heaving a sharp sigh, Ni-ki stared upon his room's ceiling, a small smile forming on his lips. "Thank you. It really means a lot."

A small chuckle was heard from the other line of the phone. "Happy to help." the girl replied, tying her hair. Gosh, it has been a while since she last sang like this, and it had to be something sentimental, the girl expected something more happier though. She grabbed her phone and sat down on her bed, before tending to her and the boy's call, she turned to her cousin who seemed to be sleeping comfortably on her half of the bed. "Hey Ni-ki, I gotta go now."

"A-Ah, right! Goodnight Sae, thank you."

Saeyoung hummed in response. "Night. And thank you as well."

"Saeyoung─" and just like that, the call had ended.

1 Month Later. . . . .

Quietly eating at the school cafeteria, Nina, Mijin and Chaeji couldn't help but observe Saeyoung, who was happily eating. This smile of hers was something else and it bothered them, they could feel that something's going on and they are eager to know what.

Saeyoung has been smiling ever since this morning and her friends finds it a bit unusual. A typical Saeyoung would always leave her face expression-less, but no─her face screams happiness this time. Chaeji groaned, dropping her fork on to her plate as she awkwardly stares at her friend. "That's it. Roh Saeyoung, what's happening?"

Saeyoung looked up from her food with confusion. "Happening? What do you mean?"

"Saeyoung, are you okay? You're not acting like you're normal self." added Mijin.

Saeyoung chuckled. "Mijin, I'm fine─"

"Oh shoot, do you have a fever?" questioned Nina who immediately rose up from her seat and checked her friend's forehead. Saeyoung rolled her eyes, her friends can be too much at times.

Gently removing Nina's hand away from her forehead, Saeyoung gestured Nina to sit down. "I seriously don't know what you guys are talking about but I'm here to say that I'm completely fine! Alright? Nothing to worry about, and, what's with you three all of a sudden?"

"Something's up Saeyoung, that smile of yours is proof! Now spit." demanded Chaeji who was looking at her with full curiosity.

"Well you see─"

"Hey babe." and comes Ni-ki who gave the girl a pat in the head and a small peck in the cheeks. He then grabbed her hand and held it on his. The girl's group of friends cringed at the sight, this has been going on for over a month now.

"Ni-ki? What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be with Ta-ki and Jungwon right now?"

The japanese boy pouted. "Why? Is it bad to actually greet and give my girlfriend small gestures of affection every once and awhile?" he then gently kissed the back of his girlfriend's hand as if she was his princess.

"It's not that. Just be careful or at least give me a sign before you do this type of action. It's not like I hate it or anything but you do know that this school doesn't allow public affection to be displayed especially around many students. For the record, we're at the school cafeteria."