Steve Rogers

A/N: this takes place in the 40s/pre-serum steve.

"Hello boys." y/n smiled, walking up to Steve and Bucky who stood outside her house waiting for her to come out.

"Hey doll." Bucky smiled throwing an arm around her. "Ready to go?"

"Yep!" y/n grinned happily. "Do you either of you have a date tonight?"

"I invited Donna. She's gonna meet us at the bar." Bucky answered.

"The girl we met at the movies last week?" y/n questioned. Bucky nodded. "Oh, I can't wait to see her. She was so nice."

"And she's hot." Bucky said with a small smirk. y/n rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

"What about you, Stevie?" y/n asked, "Is there a beautiful lady waiting for you tonight?"

"What girl would wanna go out with me?" Steve grumbled.

"I'm sure there are plenty of girl who would love to go out with you." y/n placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"C'mon y/n. You know no girl in her right mind would date me." Steve shook his head.

y/n frowned glancing over at Bucky. He gave her a small sad smile, giving her arm a small squeeze.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

"C'mon Steve!" y/n whined to her friend. "You gotta have fun every once in a while."

"I don't wanna, y/n." Steve shook his head. "Go ask one of the guys who have been staring at you all night."

y/n turned her head and saw a couple of men around the bar watching her. She made eye contact with one of them and gave him an fake smile before turning back to Steve.

"I don't wanna dance with them. I want to dance with you." y/n said grabbing his hand. When he didn't respond y/n sighed and let go of his hand.

The song ended and Bucky and Donna came up to them while smiling brightly at each other.

"Hey." Donna smiled.

"Hey." y/n replied with a small smile. "Are you two having fun?"

"Yes." Bucky answered happily. "What about you two?"

"Oh, I'm having so much fun sitting here and having a bunch of middle aged men stare at me all night." y/n smiled sarcastically.

"Why don't you dance?" Donna suggests.

"I don't have anyone to dance with." y/n shrugged.

"What about Steve?" Donna asked.

"I already asked, but he's being a bore and doesn't want to." y/n playfully rolled her eyes.

"Dance with her, Steve!" Bucky exclaimed. "It'll be fun." He said trying to convince him. Steve shook his head not saying a word. Bucky looked over at Donna who nodded.

"y/n, I need to go to the ladies room. Will you come with me?" Donna held her hand out. y/n stood up from her chair, and grabbed Donna's hand.

"Watch my drink, please?" y/n asked Bucky.

"Of course." Bucky nodded before the two girls walked away. "Okay, what's wrong with you?" He asked sitting down in y/n's previous seat.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked cluelessly.

"What I mean is y/n has been trying to get you to have fun with her all night, and you've been shutting her down. Why?" Bucky questioned.

"I don't wanna dance with her cause I'll look funny." Steve answered. "Have you seen her? She's beautiful. The most beautiful girl in the room, and I'm me."

"Who cares!" Bucky exclaimed. "She's a beautiful girl who wants to dance with you. If she wanted to dance with someone else she would, but she wants to be with you. So stop being so hard on yourself and ask her to dance."

"But that's what I'm saying. Why does she wanna dance with me when she could dance with any guy here." Steve asked.

"Because she likes you. She has since forever." Bucky told him.

"She does?" Steve asked wide eyed.

"Yes!" Bucky rolled his eyes. "Are you really that blind?"

"You're not messing with me?" Steve asked.

"No!" Bucky groaned. He turned and saw y/n and Donna coming back. "She's coming. You better ask her to dance or I'm gonna kill you." He pointed a finger at him.

"We're back." Donna greeted them. Bucky looked over to Steve who was fiddling with his fingers nervously. Bucky nudged him closer to y/n.

"Hi." Steve mumbled.

"Hi, Steve." y/n chuckled.

"Do you wanna dance?" Steve blurted out quickly.

"It's about time." y/n smiled taking his hand and started pulling him to the crowd. Steve looked back to see Bucky and Donna giving him encouraging smiles and thumbs ups like they were his parents. When they stop, Steve placed his hands on y/n's waist while she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You know I don't really know how to dance." Steve admitted.

"It's alright just do what I do. It's a slow song, so it's easy." y/n smiled at him. They slow moved together to the music in silence before Steve spoke.

"Why did you wanna dance with me?" Steve asked.

"Why do you think I wanted to dance with you?" y/n asked with a small smirk.

"Well, I mean, I don't know." Steve shook his head. "Bucky said it's because you like me, but I think he's c-" y/n cut Steve off by connecting their lips. Steve froze in shock and y/n pulled away. When she opened her eyes she saw Steve staring back at her with wide eyes.

"You think he's what?" y/n questioned with a small smile.

"You actually like me." Steve laughed a little.

"Took you long enough to notice." y/n laughed.

First imagine! How'd I do? Feel free to send in some requests for imagines and/or preferences! The list of people I wrote for is in the "introduction" chapter.

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜