Chapter 1

"Yongsun, I'm breaking up with you."

The guy who's standing on the kitchen counter bravely stated as he closes his eyes, doesn't wanna see how yongsun will react to this breakup he's been planning for over a week now. He was just finding the right time to say this infront of the girl he's been with for about 3 years.

And now he took a lot of courage to say it.. in this day.. in their 3rd-year anniversary celebration.. while yongsun was lighting the candle on the cake.. while she was so happy that their relationship hit this milestone.

"W-What? Uh- are you serious? I mean.. why?"

Yongsun's mood switches so fast that she forgot the cake and drops it on the table like it was some sort of bomb. The excitement that was filling her heart changed in an instant. From happy to sad, blessed to fucked up, from Blackpink's Stay to Kill This Love, or from Mamamoo's Dingga to Aya.

Shit turns upside down real quick.

"I'm.. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same love I felt for you before." Her boyfriend (perhaps ex-boyfriend) responded with a hint of distress. He doesn't want to end things with her since yongsun has been part of his life for long years. But it is better to end things this early than to stay and make things harder in the end. He doesn't love the girl anymore.

"Did I do something? Am I not satisfying your-"

"No, oh god no. You're perfect as you are. It's just.. I can't feel the same sparks and butterflies whenever I see you. I tried to bring those back, the excitement I always feel when you're with me but every time I tried to, I just can't. I feel like I fell out of love with you."

Yongsun scoffed at that. She knows that's not the only reason why this guy was breaking up with her. She knows him more than everything else and the way he said those words with fidgety hands and shaky breath makes yongsun conclude things so easily.

"Dude, did you love me just because of that sparks and butterflies? You should have told me so I can cook a whole ass butterfly and stuff it to your mouth, or maybe electrify you so you could feel that damn sparks you've been talking about!"

"Enough with the bullshit, who is she?"

That's when the latter sighed in defeat. This is yongsun he's been talking, of course, the woman will know the main reason why he fell out of love, well infact all yongsun did to this relationship is support him with all his dreams.

But as a man, he has needs and yongsun was not giving it to him. Sex after marriage? Seems old for 2021 to believe but that is yongsun's choice and perspective.

"M-My officemate. We've been talking for about a month now. I'm sorry."

He didn't even deny it. Well, what for anyway? He's been ending things so might as well tell the truth.

Yongsun wasn't expecting the honesty at all. She thought she'll have a hard time knowing what's the real reason for this breakup, but then, now she knows.. for about just a few seconds actually.

"But you promised you'll marry me.."

The tears she's been holding back are now threatening to fall. Yongsun doesn't want to be weak infront of this asshole who just thinks of his own feelings.

She knows how to be brave but sometimes, you just have to cry and let go without caring what people think, especially if that shit really hurts a lot.

You know, if you love someone, you'll respect her decision even if that includes waiting.

Just because she can't give him his needs, he'll find someone new who can satisfy him.

"I lied. I was dumb, maybe a coward for not keeping things as promised. But I'm so sorry, that promise was broken long years ago." He said.