20 - express

Short chapter... But I'll post another one later today :)

...

4 weeks later

...

"You are more than just a friend." Meredith started quietly as she felt Andrew's embrace around her.

They were currently laying on one of the on-call room beds after a long surgery, trying to get a few quiet moments before they had to go back to continue their work.

"What?" She heard Andrew ask ever so quietly as if he was afraid of the answer.

"This- We... That's not what normal friends do." She slowly turned around in Andrew's embrace, looking at him with a shy smile.

She saw how Andrew kept looking at her for some moments, seeing how probably a thousand different emotions went through him. Just like she herself wasn't sure how they did get here. How all these different feelings brought her here in Andrew's arm. How scared she was of this and at the same time Andrew was the one who took that fear away from her. 

As she felt him tightening his embrace a little, she leaned in closer, looking up at him and then at his lips again, seeing that he as well was moving closer towards her until he tenderly  found her lips with his, carefully kissing her, putting into this kiss what he couldn't describe with words. 

After some moments they slightly pulled away, looking at each other.

"I don't want to lose our friendship, because of this..." Meredith sighed, closing her eyes, taking in this moment with him, not able to look at him while saying this.

"We won't." She heard Andrew answer ever so softly, caressing with his hand through her hair, making her look up at him again.

"You can't be sure of that."

"No... But I don't want to lose our friendship either. I need your friendship to have the courage to allow myself to love again, Mer." She felt how Andrew tightened his embrace around her a little more, making her let go of her fears.

...