𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: "Let's see what you got Montgomery"

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"This is where you'll be staying, do whatever you want with the room just don't go knocking down walls" Tony says opening a door to reveal Alexandria's brand-new bedroom. "sadly you live on the same floor as Sam, Steve, Pietro and... Bucky" Tony hesitated before saying the man's name. It wouldn't be smart to piss of the now ex assassin.

"That's fine, how bad could they be?"

"Ha, just you wait and see" Tony smirked at Alexandria and patted her on the shoulder before making his way back to the elevator. What did he mean by 'just you wait' Alexandria internally panicked for a second, surely they can't be that bad...

"It's going to be fine Alex, you got this" She whispered quietly to herself, taking deep breaths in and out.

Alexandria walked into the fairly large bedroom to take a look around. There was a queen-sized bed that has scarlet red bed sheets. She laid down on the bed and it felt like she was sinking into it. The mattress was so soft she would practically be sleeping on a cloud every night and the beautiful velvet sheets made her feel so snug and comfortable. The pillows were just as soft and were so comfortable to lay on. If she could, Alexandria would spend all day just lying there in pure bliss. She got up and looked around the rest of the room which didn't actually have much in it. There was a desk, a few shelves on one of the walls, a wardrobe and bathroom but that was it.

"I definitely need to get more furniture in here..." Alexandria took off her cloak and her belt and laid them on the bed, so she was just in her black body suit.

"Miss Montgomery the team has requested your presence in the training room" A voice said out of nowhere, out of pure instinct she grabbed for her gun and looked around the room. "Miss Montgomery my name is JARVIS, has Mr. Stark failed to mention me?"

"uh, yeah he didn't say anything about some random voice that lives in the ceiling" Alexandria looked around again to make sure she was alone. She felt stupid talking to no one but surprisingly it seemed to work out.

"Very sorry for startling you. Since Mr. Stark has failed to inform you about me Ill tell you myself, I'm an artificial intelligence designed to do whatever you ask of me within reason" The voice said.

"Yeah okay... thanks Jarvis. You said the team needed me in the training room?"

"Yes Miss Montgomery." Alexandria left her room and headed down to wherever the training room was. It took a while for her to find it seeing as no one bothered to tell her where anything one in this tower bedsides her room, but after 10 or so minutes she finally managed to find it. However she arrived to see a very annoyed Tony Stark.

"What took you so long?" Tony asked irritated.

"You didn't exactly telling where the training room was Stark, nor did you tell me who JARVIS was. I thought I was going crazy and hearing voices" Alexandria says back to Tony while she tied her long raven hair into a ponytail. "Why am I here?"

"We have to assess your physical ability and skills" Steve said holding a type of holographic clipboard and pen. Alexandria opens her mouth to protest before the captain can cut her off. "Yes I know you are the world's deadliest assassin and all that but it's protocol. We did it with Romanoff and Bucky so we have to do it with you" Barnes? Alexandria knew about Natasha being an ex-spy but why did he mention Barnes? He was just another solider like Steve back in the 40's and then got frozen, right?

"Let's get you started on the shooting range" Natasha says appearing from who knows where. "Let's see what you got Montgomery."

Natasha hands Alexandria a loaded gun and instructs her to hit the moving targets in front of her. The targets shaped as people moved rapidly back and forth at an accelerating speed. Any normal person would be thinking 'how in the hell am I meant to hit that?' Alexandria on the other hand did it with ease. She hit all 10 of the targets first try right between the eyes, she even threw the gun up and changed hands halfway through.

"Very impressive Montgomery" Natasha says smiling and taking the gun from Alexandria's hands, "Next up we are going to see how well you can fight. We got a glimpse before with Bucky but now you're going to verse me."

"Don't break her Romanoff!" Tony calls after the girls teasingly. 

Natasha led me over to the sparing mat and Tony and Steve stood to the side to watch. Alexandria got into a fighting stance and watched Natasha carefully. When Steve gave the signal they began to fight. Alexandria kept on throwing punches at Natasha quickly giving her no time to strike back. While Natasha was able to block a few, Alexandria landed quite a lot to her stomach and face. Natasha was able to land a kick to Alexandria's right leg making her fall to the ground. It felt like her leg had gone limp and numb but that wasn't going to stop her. Before Natasha knew it, Alexandria pulled her to the ground and wrapped her thighs around her neck.

"Tap!" Alexandria said to the trapped widow. After a while of stubbornness, Natasha finally tapped.

Both of the girls stood up both sweating. Natasha's short red hair was now damp with sweat and Alexandria's once neat black ponytail was now messy and loose.

"Great work guys, Alexandria you'll be a great addition to the team. I'm sure of it" Steve said walking past her giving her a pat on the back.

"Hey, good work" Alexandria says to Natasha who was taking large gulps from her black water bottle.

"Thanks, you too Alexandria" Natasha says putting her bottle in her duffel that had a large red spider on it.

"You can call me Alex if you want, Alexandria sounds sooo 1300s" Alexandria managed to earn a laugh from Natasha, an actual laugh. Maybe things weren't going to be so bad.

"Okay then Alex, you can call me Nat" Natasha picked up her duffel bag, "I'll see you around" Natasha left the training room with her bag sitting on her shoulder.