The Hassle

The next day was very odd. Students glaring at Harry like he cheated, calling him names and so on. Even Ron wasn't talking to him.  Scarlett knew for sure that it wasn't Harry who put his name in the goblet and he would never ask another student either to do it for him, he already had a lot on his mind and participating in the life threatening tournament would definitely drive him insane. The rains stopped pouring and winter was coming. Scarlett made her way in the Astronomy tower where Harry was sitting alone. He was clearly terrified of how he would compete against other competitors who were older than him and have a bit of experience.  Harry did hear her footsteps approaching but didn't turn around. He kept staring at a empty spot for no particular reason. 

"Here you are. I was looking for you in whole school grounds." Scarlett said walking up to him. 

"Why? To call me names like others?" he said without looking at her. Her expression softened and she sat beside him on a large step. 

"No, why would I do that?" She asked. He turned to her.

"Because everyone does, even Ron's calling me a cheater." He said.

"Harry... there are some students who believe you, and me, Hermione, Ginny, Barrie, and Neville are one of them." she said. 

"Thanks Scarlett." he says.  They sat in silence for a while.

"So... have they announced when the first task is?" Scarlett asked.

"Not yet... are you counting on how long I could stand in the first task?" Harry asks.

"No... I wanted to know how mentally prepared you are." She said.

"Why would I need to be mentally prepared?" he asks

"Everybody's gotta prepare mentally or do you just fly out in the quidditch stadium on your broom?" She said. Harry shook his head and smiled.

"What?" She asked.

"The one who reads mind got tricked." he states. 

"Hey, I don't go out and read minds of people all the time." She defends.

"Why not? If I had chance I could've read everyone's mind." He said.

"I don't. It's just.... too loud and sometimes unbearable. Sometimes I feel... like... I am going crazy." She answers. Harry nods.

"I understand. I have these dreams in which I walk into a room where Voldemort, Pettigrew and one more man is sitting, and he sees me and the snake attacks me." Harry says, Scarlett's eyes went wide and he looked at him shocked. 

"I had an exact same vision yesterday before your name popped out of the goblet."  Scarlett said.

"What did you saw?" He asked turning to her. 

"I was in the other room, I saw a man got attacked by the snake and I stood by the other room where Voldemort, Pettigerw and the other man was but only Voldemort saw me. Other two men couldn't see me." Scarlett said.

"How could that be possible, everyone in the room saw me." Harry said.

"I don't know, maybe some kind of astral projection it was, then he attacked me but a blue flash deflected it and then I was back in the hall." Scarlett finished.

"Astral projection? Like leaving your body and wandering around like a sprit?" Harry asked. 

"Yeah, if that's what you meant." she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"And you could do that?" Harry asks.

"Not like a pro, I can't travel long distances though." She answers.