Chapter 112: Sparrows Strike, the Dragon Rises

―At King's Landing―

Red Keep ― Small Council chambers...

After some time of investigating and questioning officials, Daveth returned to the Red Keep to convey upon the Small Council. He had one of the City Watch recruits send word to his councilors of his findings and not too long ago noticed an escort from both the Reach and Vale arriving at the gates. Once he entered the council chambers, Daveth noticed all of them were in attendance—in addition to Lady Olenna Tyrell with her entourage along and Lord Yohn Royce with his.

"Ah, beloved nephew," Tyrion called out.

"Daddy!" both twins exclaimed and rushed to grip his legs.

Daveth looked down at Lyonel and Cassana; both twins eagerly looked up at him and noticed a small bag in his hands. He bent down to one knee to meet them at eye-level. "Here. Some sweets your father was able to pick up on the way back," he told them as he handed them each their fair share of candied plums.

"Yay!"

"All right. Run along with your grandmother now, pups. Your father's got some things to take care of. I'll come tuck you in tonight. Be good now, yes?"

"Okie!"

Lyonel and Cassana ran off to find Catelyn – each held bags of candies in their little hands. Daveth watched as his son and daughter left the council chambers, finally able to redirect his attention towards serious matters at hand.

"They really seem to like you," Tyrion mentioned.

Daveth shook his head. "They're just 2 years old, uncle. If either Lyonel or Cassana are remarkable at that age, then that is their mother's doing – not mine."

"And you believe if you do anything well by them it would be to inflict as little damage as possible?" Olenna prodded. "I have travelled a long way after I was told that my presence was needed."

"Lord Tyrell," the Young Stag turned to Mace, "did you ask her here?" he asked.

"Well, Your Grace, you see I—"

Olenna interrupted him. "I was invited at the behest of the King's Hand, your uncle Lord Tyrion, to help resolve several troublesome issues... such as the High Sparrow causing trouble for Baratheons, Lannisters and Tyrells."

"Then I take it you've known about his recent breakout from his confinement?"

"Although the Reach is closer to King's Landing, the rest of us in the Vale of Arryn wouldn't sit idle while recent events unfolded before our eyes again," Yohn said. "Whatever aid House Arryn might provide to the crown is at your disposal, Your Grace."

"Thank you, Lord Royce. Lady Olenna. Now, let's get down to it. We've got fanatics running throughout the city. Commander Duran has increased the City Watch patrols, the Red Keep's guards have been informed of the situation and remain on the constant."

"And should one try to infiltrate?" the Lord of Runestone asked.

"We're currently working on a solution, but the Sparrows are a clever if not deceptive bunch. Soldier and law enforcement alike are being checked thoroughly in the hope of ferreting out any more spies in their ranks. Lord Varys, have your little birds picked up any trails yet?"

Varys shook his head. "None yet, Your Grace. If any of the Sparrows leave a trail, my little birds will follow them."

"Good; best to rout them out before they cause any more damage... now that the High Septon's been ousted."