⟾ 6 | TRYNA' DATE ME, BABY?

This chapter was originally not part of the outline, but I added it due to a lot of messages I received of people asking to see the interaction that happened between Ash and Will. Hope you enjoy :) 

_

Y/N 💥

Wednesday, 8:42pm

_

I HAVE A PLAN, AND IT'S GOING TO WORK.

The problem with Louis Partridge, was that he had a hidden personality hidden underneath that 'male-arrogant-bravado' he would constantly wear. I saw a flash of it earlier today when I dared to put my hand on his face, mostly out of spite. But I saw it.

I wondered if it was immaturity.

Maybe it was weakness.

I didn't know, but I wanted to, because the man seemed like there was much more to him than toxic masculinity and condescending tones.

When I left him in that alley, the first thing I did was go straight back to my compound. Since my parents were spending time off in the Bahamas—or was it Barbados? Baltimore? Boring Beach where they can both go Bloody die for all I care—I didn't have any restrictions when it came to messing around.

And yeah, I set off that bomb.

Well, not me, but Millie did.

While I made sure I had a credible alibi, she was on the other side of London, hitting a red button to blow the shop up. They didn't know I had an associate, and I wanted to keep it that way. Especially from Louis Partridge. I kept a lot of things from him, and I need to be more wary about what I accidentally let slip.

As I strode into the dark-lit room of my compound, I glanced down at my wrist, staring at the ink marked into my skin. He had seen the tattoo, because I was being reckless. I wasn't going to let him see it again.

I've begun to accept that it was just a symbol of who I was, and that I'd never be rid of it, no matter how many times I covered it up or tried to scratch it off. It lived on me like a shadow, the guilt seeping into my skin and running through my blood like thick poison. Oh, Ash, your parents may be somewhere else, but they made sure you knew they'd always be around.

"So," Millie said, glancing up from her computer, "what's next?"

I stopped, bending down to unlace the ties on my combat boots. "Good question."

"Do you have an answer?"

"Of course I do," I smiled, kicking off my shoes, "I saw this other man talking to Louis down at the detonation site. Are they partners?"

Millie glanced off to the side, before leaning over to type something into her computer. Knowing her, she was probably searching through SIS-encrypted files to find the data on every other agent that came into contact with Partridge. She was good at finding stuff, just like how she found me his email.

"Two things," she mumbled, her fingers cracking against the keyboard, "what does he look like, and why do you want to know?"

Walking over to my dresser, I pulled open the cabinets and pulled out a black dress I'd been stashing away for a while. Never had a chance to use it, but now I very well could.

"Attractive, chiseled face, grey-blue eyes," I said, unbuttoning my shirt as I changed, "looked gorgeous in a pinstripe suit, but that meat-head Partridge was blocking my view of him."

Millie nodded her head. "I think I found him."

"You did?"

"William Franklyn-Miller," she read out, "assigned to accompany Louis Partridge as an assistant, number seven-three-two, clean record, and current status is unwed."