Ch.51 Salmon Salad Deviled Eggs

Chapter 51: Salmon Salad Deviled Eggs

Lin ShuYi didn't know how to use a knife or fork, nor did he know the proper etiquette for eating with them.

After the waiter pressed the doorbell for 106 and pushed the dining cart in the room, placing dishes covered by round lids onto the dining table that was underneath the enormous crystal chandelier, Lin ShuYi finally noticed that it was a fork and knife that was on the table, not the chopsticks he was familiar with.

The knife wasn't like a paring knife either; there were fine ridges along the edge, and there were quite a few knives. There was also a soup spoon placed to his right, beside the knives.

The front part of the knife was fairly sharp, and it wasn't the typical fork either. There were also quite a few of them, placed on his left.

There was a round silver lid between the forks and knives, covering the object underneath. There was a smaller plate to the upper left corner, and there was another fork and knife set on the large plate that was noticeably a few dimensions smaller, along with a tiny soup spoon. Above that were a few cups of varying sizes.

Lin ShuYi felt dizzy just looking at it, but he still couldn't find his familiar chopsticks.

Could he even eat anymore?!

Shen Fu had already finished his hurried shower and come out, wearing a casual sweater. His slippers flopped as he rubbed his hair while walking over. When he saw Lin ShuYi standing dazed next to the table, he laughed. "Why aren't you sitting down?"

Lin ShuYi turned to ask him seriously, "Did you really invite me to dinner because you had something to tell me?"

Shen Fu nodded, puzzled. Why was he asking this?

Lin ShuYi's mouth twitched. "I feel like I must have offended you somehow, so that's why you invited me to eat."

Shen Fu: ...

Shen Fu circled around Lin ShuYi and walked behind him, glancing at the tableware on the table. He muttered to himself, "It is a little much."

He originally wanted to take Lin ShuYi to eat a traditional French banquet, and this place's French dishes were known for being the most authentic. However, the French dishes were troublesome because of the eating etiquette, as well as the tableware; it was all too much.

But it was just him and Lin ShuYi here. They didn't really have to follow too many rules, but Lin ShuYi didn't understand anything. Shen Fu was more than happy to teach from the beginning.

"These are all dinner knives. Even though there's a lot, they're all used to cut appetizers or the main course. The forks over here are to be paired with the dinner knives. The small fork and knife above are used for dessert. These cups are used either for water or red wine or champagne, very troublesome. However, it's just the two of us here, so we don't need to comply with all this." Shen Fu crooked the corner of his mouth, pointing to each one by one as he stood behind Lin ShuYi, explaining.

Lin ShuYi felt stunned as he listened. He hadn't expected there to be so many details for just eating a meal. He thought that eating a meal at Da Yan's imperial palace was already very detailed and particular.

As one of them spoke and the other listened, neither noticed that the distance between them had already decreased to the point that it was ambiguous.

It was only when a drop of water fell from Shen Fu's dripping wet hair into Lin ShuYi's collar that he recovered from his daze from the icy shock.

"I get it now." Lin ShuYi pulled a long face and solemnly nodded.

Shen Fu didn't know what happened, and he found Lin ShuYi's serious expression a little amusing. "What do you get?"