Ch.76 Salt Baked Chicken

Chapter 76: Salt Baked Chicken

Fortunately, there were less people at the restaurant on the second day. The reason there were so many people was because yesterday was the first day they had re-opened. Although there were still many people on the second day, it was obviously not as busy and this was incomparably in line with Shen Fu's intention. However, Lin ShuYi was also considering the need to recruit a few more people even if there weren't so many customers, and there were some dishes that were very troublesome could not be supplied endlessly. He intended to limit the supply of some complicated and difficult dishes on the first come, first served basis. This would save time and he would not be so busy.

His original intention of earning money was to let Old man Yang live a better life. Although he was still thinking about his and Shen Fu's future, he would not make earning money the only thing in the end.

Shen Fu thought it was right to think this way. If Lin ShuYi put all his mind and energy into running a restaurant every day, Shen Fu would really cry.

Lin ShuYi discussed his ideas with Old Master Shen and Old man Yang. They all thought it was very good, especially Old Master Shen. Old man Yang just thought it would lessen the burden on Lin ShuYi more. However, Old Master Shen said that it was also a good marketing strategy.

A thing was valued if it was rare. Those delicate and time-consuming dishes were more troublesome to make and the cost would naturally not be low. If there was no limit on the supply, firstly, there would be an increase on their burden; secondly it would no longer be as attractive if there was more. This would form a subconscious thought that the item was very popular if there was limited supply on a first come first served basis. If the customer could not eat this time, they would keep thinking about eating it, creating a virtuous circle. Furthermore, things with limited supply would always make people feel that it was more mysterious. Even if there was no previous interest in this dish, they would still rush to try give it a taste based off the justification that it was in limited supply.

Old Master Shen felt that Lin ShuYi was rather business-minded. Then Lin ShuYi brought up the need to recruit a few more people. Old man Yang said to leave this matter to him and went to look for people after eating.

The next day was not really busy because opening day was over. So Lin ShuYi decided to close up earlier in the evening, and treated everyone to the meal that he had promised them yesterday.

Lin ShuYi had prepared the dishes long ago since the restaurant closed early, and some of the dishes that needed to be prepared in advance were already on the stove. Lin ShuYi said that he did not need Mother Shen's help with anything this time and he could do it himself. Tang Shuang was left to help him in the shop while the rest of the people were brought out by Shen Fu for a stroll.

In fact, the number of people invited could neither be said to be a small or large number. With the addition of those fellow villagers who were good friends with Old man Yang, it was a total of only two tables. Furthermore, this could be considered as a meal together with their own people.

Many villagers had expressed doubts regarding the arrival of the Shen family, but once they saw how similar Shen Fu's appearance was with Shen Yan and Father Shen, they could immediately tell whose family they were.

Old Master Shen and family did not drive a flamboyant car when they arrived. It was just a slightly larger SUV which seemed to be worth several hundred thousand dollars. So for those villagers who seldom read the finance and economics section, they just felt that Shen Fu's family seemed to be a little well off. No one could imagine that this Shen Family had near total control of the economic lifeline of the whole H City, and was equivalent to a character that could make H City tremble with a stamp of their feet.