42 | Wooing the love birds

"She's back!" Rachana whispered in sharad's ear as she saw Spruha enter the house. He nodded and cleared his throat gaining her attention. She smiled as she saw him.

"Umm--- Sona , how was the meet with Rakesh??" He asked. Both the parents looking at her with hope in their eyes.

"Rejected. I rejected him. Kuch jyaada hi sanskari ban raha tha. Chaman!" She sighed throwing her dupatta.

"Fir maata rani ke jagrate ke liye time kaise milega tumhe??" She mimicked him rolling her eyes , and her father laughing.

"Sharad! Kya tum bhi! Aur Spruha tu??? Aise baat nahi karte sona!?" She corrected them.

"Aai bass zhala aata! (Mom , it's enough now) I am done with these shit! No more dates and cancel my name from that matrimonial site.." she said seething her teeth.

"Tell me sona! Do you have someone in your life?? If you're rejecting guys because of him , tell us!! We can me--" rachana started.

"No aai. What are you talking?? I--- I have... No one!" She said.

Her heart sanked after she said the sentence. Ignoring her thoughts about him she left the room.

...

Rakesh was such a random proposal from the matrimonial site. Seeing his good looking profile , her parents urged her to meet him. She was now used to this... Ever since her parents were discussing about her marriage , she had got used with such meets.

But who knew.... He would be of JMD wala munda?¿?¿

Even if she was doing things as per her parents , somewhere in her heart he always ruled. She didn't get the vibe he used to give her. There won't be another Varad , it was only one and hers...!!

She felt her heart betrayed her , because she was so messed , she couldn't get things running through her mind. All the dates she had have had one or the other mistakes making her to deny it. Whenever she felt that this one's good , Prisha's words made a web of thoughts again leading to her mind and heart's battle.

...

Sharad and rachana had an eye contact knowing , they need to stop now. She was in no mood and there won't be any point by talking now.

They skipped the topic and continued with the work. Spruha sat on the dine table having her evening tea. In between she fed pihu's baby food to her...

Spruha smiled as she saw nisha come from the school. She pecked pihu's forehead and moved to her room , Spruha took the baby in her room and both enjoyed eachother's company.

"We can talk this later , maybe after dinner." Said sharad as he kept the newspaper on the wooden table. Rachana nodded.

________

Malhotra mansion. 

Varad entered home tired. After freshening he came down in the hall looking for his mom.

He kissed Dimple's forehead and greeted her who was binge watching with a tub full of popcorn.

With the corner of his eyes he saw his father sitting on a arm chair with rectangular spectacle rested on the bridge of his nose , and his eyes reading the newspaper.

"Maa" he called her fondly.

"Haa" she came out of the kitchen , wiping her sweated head , tiredness in her voice. Varad panicked seeing his mom. He held her in his arms hugging her , she patted his back and kissed his cheek.