~ T H E P R E S E N T~

M a y / 2 / 1 9 9 8

I never thought my worst dreams would come true. The feeling of losing the person who brought the light back into you being stripped away in a matter of seconds. While he left me stranded alone in the middle of a battle, alone to fight for myself for the first time since we met. I couldn't bear the feeling of a knot forming on my throat. It never seemed so difficult to speak and express my feelings until right now. The battle already started but my eyes were to focused on Draco that I didn't even notice. But he starts leaving from my eyesight. I try to find him and he and his mom are both leaving the battle.

" DRACOOOO..."- I couldn't hear myself while my ears start pitching and everything seemed so far away. The only response I got back was my voice echoing. The only company I had where from the tears that where rushing down my face.

I thought he didn't hear me for a split second; suddenly he reacts to my voice and I felt my tears hold up and my hope starts to evolve while I started feeling a tingling sensation through my arms where his touch once felt so perfect.

He turns around and takes his arm away from his mom's grip. It felt like an eternity the silence that was between us from far away, his deep blue eyes never seemed clearer under his tears. Confusion and isolation where slowly eating me alive while nothing was happening. He takes his eyes off of me and turns around and stops, we've never seen each other so vulnerable until now.

I just wanted to run towards his arms that once felt like home but now just look broken down in flames. In a instant my knees fall into the warm and comforting floor; couldn't catch my breath and through my blurry tears I see him walking slowly in circles and his hands stroking through his hair in frustration. It seemed pretty clear that our feelings where mutual and connected. But he was holding back for some reason. I know what's the reason that he's denying such thing, but I myself don't want to admit it...

Memories from what felt like years ago start streaming in my head in replay. He starts walking away from me, my life, my memories and our precious future.

That's when I realized that my heart was only ever meant for him to break...