~ T H E F A N C Y E N V E L O P E ~

S e p t e m b e r / 1 / 1 9 9 7

8 months ago...

Another cloudy day here at the Eden orphanage and everything is still the same. I can smell the chicken soup that Elise has prepared downstairs. She needs to understand that cooking is not her strong suit. A week ago this kid Peter ate some Mac and Cheese that she had prepared and he ended up with food poising. He was at the hospital for three days. But none of this matter because I won't be having to eat her food ever again.

A very fancy envelope came in yesterday through the mail for me. Eden the owner of this orphanage was equally as surprised as me given that I don't have any family members or friends in and out of this orphanage. The letter was requesting for me to go to this school called Hogwarts. I've never been out of this orphanage since I got here. Whoever brought me here left me in a basket with nothing but a blanket. They didn't leave a card or anything saying who I was or from where I was or who are my parents. The nurse said that I had to be born on that same day.

I have never heard of this school before. But then again I haven't heard of any school before. I have been living in this orphanage for sixteen years and it's not as bad, but it's not home.

Eden comes knocking at my door. I really don't want get up, but I really want to get out of here. I get out of bed as fast as I can and rush to the bathroom because it's so hot and a cold shower wouldn't be so bad. I want to be clean and refreshed for when I arrive there. I'm guessing the weather is going to be better. As the water starts falling on my head I already feel a lot more relaxed. I start singing "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"by ABBA and this has to be one of my favorite songs. When the song ends I hear the shower curtain slide very aggressive. I turn around and I see Lara staring at me in the eyes with anger.

Lara is this girl that has been here long before I arrived and everytime somebody comes nobody wants her cause she is a lot older then the rest of us. She always has a problem with anyone and ever since she has used me as her own personal punching bag. Today I really don't feel like fighting back so whatever she does to me, I am just going to let It slide. I just hope she doesn't leave a bruise or anything noticeable.

"So I've heard you've got a ticket out of paradise...? Her sarcastic tone has a bit of envy behind it.

"Don't act like you aren't going to miss me!" I try to get myself out of this situation.

Right there her closed fist collides with my face and to be honest I wasn't expecting it. I thought maybe she would feel at least a bit of sympathy for me, but clearly she didn't. After her punch I hit the wall with the left side of my forehead. That hurt like a bitch, but I stayed in the floor to show her that I don't want to fight back. Surprisingly she stood back and walked away. I start touching my forehead and im bleeding a bit, but that's nothing I can't handle. I didn't want to stand up just yet. A tear slowly slipped out of my eye and then as I blowed out a breath and then some couple tears followed up as well. I don't think they were sad tears, but more like happy and relieved tears that I'm finally leaving this rat hole.

I gather the strength to stand up and change into my clothes quickly. All my bags are packed from last night. I looked in the mirror and Lara left a pretty ugly cut and my cheek hurts but there's no bruise or at least not yet. When I go downstairs there is nobody for me to say goodbye to so I head out the door. I take a deep breath and it feels so good and refreshing. The only thing that I have that leads me there is the same fancy envelope that arrived here so I guess im just supposed to trust it.