1.02━━━LASER LIGHT CANNON

❝YO, MR

❝YO, MR. FRYMAN──!" said man sighed, running a hand down his face tiredly as he turned around, only to come face to face with a familiar mask.

"[y/n]," the man began, "we're closed. can't you just wait until tomorrow? even for just this once?" he asked, already exhausted with the hybrid child's shenanigans before they had even started.

"what? no!" [y/n] laughed as if mr. fryman had made the most insane proposition in the world and then proceeded to repeatedly bang her hands─which were curled tightly into fists─against the counter.

"the bits, please!" bang. "the bits!" bang. "the bits!" amethyst popped up from below out of nowhere and quickly began to join the girl next to her. "the bits! the bits! the bits!" bang, bang, ban─

"okay, okay!" mr. fryman threw his hands into the air in exasperation, wondering how in the world his youngest son had managed to befriend these two of all people. "just . . . take it easy on the counter, will ya?"

amethyst and [y/n] grinned widely, their racket instantly ceasing. "of course, mr. fryman!" said amethyst with a laugh. "anything for you, mr. fryman!" [y/n] added, laughing along with the purple gem.

the man sighed once again and turned around, already preparing to make one of his humble shack's smaller treats, yet he still couldn't help the smallest hint of a fond smile tug at the corners of his lips as he heard the familiar noise of [y/n] and amethyst cheering together in the background behind him.

( they were nice company to keep around, he had to admit, but it's not like he'd ever tell either of them that face to face. )

"ahh, sunset . . ." [y/n] smiled from under her mask, feeling the wind brush through her [hair color] locks. "it's one of my favorite times of the day, you know? it's the time when the first sun goes down, and the second one grows bigger and bigger as it rises high up into the sky."

amethyst laughed, chewed up pieces of fry bits escaping her lips. "what are you, a poet all of a sudden? 'oh yeah, no one loves that big, hot, second sun more than me'─oh, no." amethyst gasped.

[y/n] quirked a brow, coming to a stop and sending a curious look amethyst's way. "amethyst? something the matter─"

[y/n]'s words came to a halt, her eyes having finally caught sight of what had made the purple gem come to an abrupt stop in the first place.

needless to say, she was rather surprised.

"huh."