1.03━━━HOTDOG DUFFLE BAG

❝HEY, MISTER POSTMAN──, bring me a post! bring me the post that i'll love the most!"

patting her hands along to the imaginary beat of her made-up song, [y/n] hummed quietly to herself with the lyrics as she awaited for a certain postman to arrive with a package that would hopefully be for her.

"jamie sure is taking awhile, huh?" the hybrid girl sighed, bringing her legs up to her chest as she threw her head back to stare up at the clouds passing her in the sky above. "jeez, peeds, why'd your dad have to make you work today of all days?" she muttered.

with a yawn escaping her lips, [y/n] lowered her head to stare out into the vast sea before her for a moment before shrugging her shoulders and hopping off of the rock she once sat atop of and stretching her arms out; grunting when she heard the sound of a short pop.

"welp, since jamie may not actually be coming today, i guess i may as well head inside now─" she was cut off by the sound of shoes padding against the sand.

perking up, the [hair color]-haired girl instantly whirled back around at the sound, and she could feel herself grin from beneath her mask at the sight of a very familiar postman just walking around the corner.

"james!" she cried out joyously, referring to the mailman with the nickname she had oh so graciously gifted to him months ago when they had first met.

"huh?" the mailman looked up, only to let out a startled cry; stumbling backwards and nearly falling onto the beach floor.

"[y/n]!" jamie held a hand over his now-racing heart, taking deep breaths. "would you please stop doing that?" he asked, eyes still wide with the heart attack the child had given to him just now.

[y/n] remained silent and tilted her head to the side, obviously confused. "huh?" she blinked from beneath her porcelain mask, "what do you mean?"

jamie merely sighed, shaking his head at the gem hybrid's obliviousness before offering her a small smile. "you know what? nevermind."

[y/n] hummed, still feeling a bit confused over jamie's sudden reaction that had happened but a few seconds ago ( all she did was stand in front of him without giving him any sign that she was there. what was so scary about that? ), but she decided not to further question it and instead ask him something else that also happened to be very important.

"so, you came here," [y/n] began, her grin from before slowly returning to her face. "does that mean that you have a package for me?" she questioned, bouncing in her place hopefully.

"oh, uh." jamie blinked a few times before chuckling, looking down into his bag and beginning to dig his hands around in it. "hold on. let me see what i've got here," he said, trying to calm the clearly excited hybrid child before him.

[y/n] only gave a silent nod in return, but still continued to bounce in her place, though more out of impatience and anticipation this time.

"oh!" jamie smiled and pulled a loaf of bread from his bag, making [y/n]'s bouncing instantly come to a stop and causing all words to die on her tongue out of shock at the sight.