Four

Amanda Pov

Toby was still up when I got back, which I felt a bit bad about since it was 1 O'clock in the morning, (well in New Jersey time it was, in England it was about 6 O'clock in the morning), (I would also like to add that Toby was not a insomniac so I knew that he was tired, like properly tired).

"Clara, what time do you call this?"
"Late O'clock , (snorts)"
"Was that a fucking Dad joke?"
"I guess that it was, I'm sorry for stealing your jokes here Dad"
"Oh piss off Clara!"
"(Snorts), ya love me really though"

Toby then pulled me into a hug, as hugs are nice, (plus Toby actually gives really nice hugs, wether he likes to admit it or not), which felt really warm and fuzzy like the feeling you'd get in your chest from just loving people, ya know, (I know that it sounds a little weird but sue me).

"I do love ya Clara, that I do, anyway, how was your date tonight?"
"It was nice, I'm going on another one with him tomorrow night"
"It was more than nice then"
"(Snorts), I guess that you're right about that Toby"
"I know that I'm right about it"
"Oh piss off Toby"
"Gladly Kiddo"

I felt really giddy, like I honestly felt like I was on top of the world, even though at the start of the day I wasn't actually feeling life to be honest with ya here, (though that's probably because of the whole 'getting a whole arse new identity' thing plus the 'I got conned by the car dealership' thing, ya know).

"So what is the lucky bloke like then?"
"Well he's tall, like really, really tall, he's got these really pretty blue eyes that just seem to reflect all the light that is around them, and for an American he's actually quite funny"
"I love how you add the 'for an American' in there"
"Yeah well Americans think that they're bloody hilarious but in all honestly not many Americans are even that funny to me, ya know"
"Yeah I totally get that Kiddo"
"I'm glad that you do get it"

Anyway I got ready for bed since I was actually quite tired from the date, (which was a surprise here because I usually struggled to sleep for ages and ages), the next thing that I remember is that it was light outside, (which meant that I actually slept, because sometimes even when I'm tired as shit, I don't always sleep, as insomnia will do that to ya, the bitch).

I went down the stairs to see if Toby was up yet or not, but it turned out that Toby was on the couch, just bloody chilling as though he had no cares in the world, (even though I knew for a fact that he was a worried little mother hen).

"Morning sleepyhead"
"Morning Toby"
"Did you sleep last night?"
"I actually did sleep last night"
"Holy shit, miracles can actually happen in the modern day"
"Oh piss off Toby"
"You know that I'm right about your sleep though Clara"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say Toby, whatever you say"

So Toby made me a cuppa, (and one for himself obviously), as that usually helped me wake up a bit in the morning, ya know, (It was like Toby knew my mind inside out), (probably because he knew me since I was about 5 years old).

If you're wondering where we even got our tea bags from, (since they only did green tea and some weird arse fruit tea in America, though that probably came from the Boston tea party), well Toby had somebody fly over some teabags over from England every so often, (yes that's quite extreme but that was the truth), Toby then gave me my cuppa.

"Here's one cuppa"
"Thanks Toby"
"You don't have to thank me Darling"
"Yeah I know that but you still didn't have to make me the cuppa in the first place"
"Yeah but I wanted to, plus you're family mate"
"Shit, you're making me feel things"
"(Snorts), sorry about that"
"Are you though Toby?"
"Not with that sass young lady"
"(Snorts), who are you calling a bloody lady?"
"You"
"That's a bit of a stretch here"

I don't know what was so funny or how I was so funny, but Toby then started laughing like I had said the funniest fucking joke or something, even though I don't know if I even did or not.

"What's so bloody funny?"
"You are Clara"
"Why?"
"It's because you're just naturally funny"
"I'm not even trying to be funny though"
"That's what makes you funnier though Darling"
"I don't know wether that's a compliment or an insult?"
"It's definitely a compliment"
"Ok, I believe you"