Eleven

Amanda Pov

We were at like a lake, (I couldn't tell you what the lake was even called but it was a lake, a very pretty one at that), Danny and I went on a walk around it, (in like a romantic way, ya know), (yes I know that it could be more descriptive here but it's not, so sue me Karen, or don't, I don't particularly care wether you do or not).

It was a really sunny day, the warmth of the sun was actually quite nice, (I still wasn't that used to dealing with the heat as I had lived in England for most of my life, so I was a proper sweaty Betty), (that and I burn really easily because I'm a ginger gal that's pale as fuck here), (factor 50 was lathered on me).

Anyway we were enjoying nature that surrounded us here, (as you do when you are surrounded by nature, ya know), Danny then got down on one knee, (which I didn't expect that to happen on the walk, but it was a pleasant surprise), the butterflies in my stomach multiplied by like 1000, (which is scary shit, since I didn't know that they were there in the first place, but obviously they were).

"Will you marry me Mandy?"
"Yes, yes I will!"
"I love you"
"I love you too"

I could not tell you how happy I felt, it felt like the buzz you'd get when you drink but without the alcohol, (if that makes any sense to you), also I felt really giddy, like fully school girl that gossips levels of giddy, (yes that's oddly specific but it's the truth, it did feel weird as I was a whole arse adult here, but what can ya do?).

Anyway, we continued walking through nature, (yes I know that it sounds very cliche but bare with me here), it was a fast as shit walk though, (that or I was short as fuck and Danny was walking normally for his height bracket, don't tell him that I admitted that though, because he would never let that go if that was the case).

"Daniel!"
"Yeah Babe"
"Can you slow the fuck down please?!"
"Why?"
"Because I can't bloody keep up with you, ya arsehole"
"Why not?"
"Because you're walking at like 100mph here!, and I can't keep up with you!"
"(Snorts), I'm so sorry that your legs are too short to keep up with me"
"Fuck off Daniel"

If you didn't get it, that was banter, as some people have it with people that they like, (or love in our case), I still felt like I was on cloud nine here, which was strangely amazing as my moods aren't usually stable.

"Mandy baby"
"Yeah Babe"
"What do think about a fall wedding?"
"That would be very pretty, you know with all of the colours and all that jazz, plus because it's not wedding season, so it'll be cheaper by a long shot"
"It being cheaper is exactly why I thought of it-"
"Oh piss off"
"Mandy-"
"An autumn wedding will be fabulous, all jokes and jabs aside Danny"

The smile on Danny's face was so wide and it was so mesmerising that I couldn't not smile with him, ya know, as it's just so contagious, (that doesn't sound as good as I meant it to be, to which I apologise for), (but God his smile is so bloody gorgeous to look at).

"You do know that you don't need to keep correcting me about the fall/autumn thing"
"That's not even what I was trying to do though Daniel"
"What, you mean to say that you just unconsciously correct all the Americanisms that I have here?"
"I guess that you could say that, but I prefer to say that my brain is just hard wired to do that"
"(Snorts), of course you do"

For all of his talk though, he kissed me, (what a shocker I know), it was sweet, soft and kind, (if that makes any bloody sense to you, I apologise if you don't get it), I wanted the kiss to last forever but unfortunately there's this thing called oxogen that we both needed.

"You know that we don't have to go back just yet?"
"What is it that you're suggesting here Miss Higgins?"
"I was just merely pointing out that we could stay here for an extra couple of hours and nobody would know"
"(Snorts), of course, you do have a point though"
"I bloody know that I do, that's why I said it"

Anyway, we did stay there for an extra couple of hours, which was nice, (wow, great use of description there Clara), we drove home when the sun started to set, (as I don't like walking in the dark that much).