𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎: 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

"Want to bet?"

I considered this. "Actually, not really because of the position our last bet put me in."

Tommy nodded. "Smart choice, smart choice."

I decided to change the subject. "Toby, did you know that I am actually very tall? Tommy only wishes he could be as tall as me."

"I did not know that," he admitted.

I stood on a picnic table.

"Tommy! Guess what? Catch me!" I said, starting to fake-jump off the table.

He looked worried for a second, running over to me.

"I'm kidding!" I laughed.

"Good," he said, exhaling.

I stepped off the table, heading to my shoes in the sand.

"Allow me, milady," Tommy said, rushing ahead to get my shoe.

He brought them over and put it on my foot.

"Does it fit?" I giggled.

"Perfectly. That means that you are my princess," he explained.

"Nice try, peasant," I laughed, running away.

"Hey! Get back here!" he shouted, sprinting after me.

He grabbed my arm, but was in the process of tripping over his own feet. He brought me down as well. We were both covered in sand, laughing. I looked up and gasped.

"Tommy, look at all those stars!"

"Why? They're just stars."

"They're the same ones that we all see. I see them in America. To think that dozens of people before us, like George Wahington and hey, even Hamilton, have seen the exact stars we see tonight."

"I guess I've never thought about it like that before. It makes the stars seem a whole lot more special," he breathed.

"We should find a star that we both look at at the same time at night. That way, we can be like 'we're seeing the same thing even though there is literally an entire ocean separating us'," I suggested.

"That would be pretty cool," Tommy admitted.

"Which one?" I asked.

"That's hard. There's so many."

"What about the star that's the very end of the handle on the big dipper?"

"That's a good one. Easy to remember," he agreed.

We laid there for a bit, staring at the stars, trying to comprehend that everyone could see the exact same thing that everyone had ever seen. I looked over at him and smiled. He was there. Just him. Quiet and calm. The whole scene was almost breathtaking. The stars, the ocean in the background, the soft sand against our skin.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said, when in fact it was everything.

We stayed there for maybe five minutes longer until the other three came running up to us.

"What are you guys even doing?" Rose questioned.

"Nothing," I repeated myself.

"You actually got him to be quiet," Wilbur commented.

"Yeah. We got worried after about fifteen minutes," Toby added.

Had it really been fifteen minutes? It'd felt way shorter than that.

"Sorry. We just fell down and looked at the stars," explained Tommy.

Wilbur nodded. "Not sure how that works, but alright."

We stood up, brushing the sand off of ourselves.

"I bet I know what they were actually doing," Toby grinned.

"What?" Rose asked.

"They were probably kissing!" he exclaimed, laughing.

"We were not!" we both shouted.

"Yeah. You definitely were," he decided.

"You have no proof," I pointed out.

"True, but I still think you were."

I just shrugged it off.

"Let's go to the part if the beach with the actual people," I suggested.

We all agreed and walked there. We were almost immediately recognized. We got flocked by a group of people ranging from about twelve to eighteen years old.

"You should give yourselves as a group a name!" I heard someone call out.

I thought about it for a moment. "We're all called the Squid Squad! That sounds good! It is also fun to say!"

"Squid Squad!" They started cheering.

"That's a terrible name!" Tommy exclaimed.

I shrugged. "They seem to like it."

We took pictures with some fans. We finally decided to head back at around 9:45. We walked back, laughing and joking. I felt Tommy slip his hand into mine. I smiled and didn't mention anything.

Toby told us that he was spending the night at the house in Tommy's room. I went upstairs and got into a t-shirt and shorts. Before I went to bed, I looked at everyone's Instagram. Wilbur had his picture from the restaurant on his story. Tommy posted a picture of me when I was standing beside him looking at the sunset. The caption was: I am at the beach with a woman. What will happen.

I laughed softly. I got onto TikTok and checked Rose's page. There was a video of Tommy and I "dancing". She was narrating it.

"As you can see, It is two children on the beach. They do a dance where they repeatedly step on each other's feet," she was saying. I fell in the sand. "Oh no! It appears one has fallen im the sand! Watch as the other child helps her up-"

"What are you doing?" I looked at the camera.

"It's a TikTok!"

"Why?"

"Gotta give the fans the InvisibleInnit content they deserve."

"Who says they deserve any? I'm just too good for them!"

The video ended after I fell in the sand for the second time in that video. I closed the app and went to sleep.