A Fugitive and an Escapee

It had been months, maybe even a year, it was difficult to keep track of time when it was nearly impossible to see the sun. It had been far too long. It finally sunk in that he was alone.

The prisoner let his head fall onto his knees, and a soft exhale escaped. He laughed, his whole body shaking as he did. A tear fell from his right eye, but he brought his hand over the left. "Of course he left, why would he stay?" He muttered to himself, wrapping two hands around his legs. "A human prince? That's who you're crying over?" he shook his head, squeezing his hands tight - all six of them. "You're better than this. Come on" He stood up, pacing, planning a way out.

Luckily for him, he didn't have to plan too long. There was a sudden crash, and a wall started crumbling. He jumped back as to not get hit by the falling stones, and sighed, realizing he had missed his chance of escape. He was about to start pacing again, but stopped when he heard a familiar voice call out his name.

"Ah, your highness, it's been a while." His voice held an edge to it, losing the familiarity they had built.

"Please," the prince whispered, running closer, "I'm sorry for everything, please keep yourself safe."

The prisoner raised an eyebrow as the prince let him out, then ran.