Coffee and Kisses

Pairing: Arvin Russell x Reader

Summary: Arvin likes you, but sometimes his hat gets in the way.

Warnings: None

Word Count: 649

A/N: This was cute! I hope you like it! Enjoy! 💕💕💕

"What can I get for you today?" you held the pad and pen out in front of you, ready to take down the young man's order.

"Just a coffee, sweetheart," he smiled at you, the nickname making your heart flutter.

"Long day?" you asked, grabbing the pot and pouring some of the black liquid into his cup.

"Yeah, you could say that," he laughed.

"Well, I'll be here if you need anything else," you tapped the counter before making your way to your next customer.

~~~~~

And that's how you and Arvin became friends, you had just moved into Knockensmiff and were lucky enough to get a job right away at the diner. On your third day there, you met Arvin and since that day he has been coming in at the same time and got the same thing; coffee.

He was easy to talk to too, you two talked about anything and everything. Why you moved here, what college you're planning on attending next fall, how you got the job; most of it was small talk, but you enjoyed it. He even waited until you got off your shift.

Arvin was enamored by you, he always looked forward to going to the diner after his shift. Even in the small town, he seemed to never spot you elsewhere, that was until he went to church with Lenora and his grandma that he realized you go every week with your parents, regardless if you believe or not. And from that Sunday he started spotting you in school and just randomly around town too.

He figures he hasn't recognized you because you always had your hair up and your clothes were covered in stains from the diner, although he thought you were absolutely beautiful that way too. And once he noticed you around town and even spoke to you outside of work, he found out you didn't have a car.

"I like walkin," you shrugged. "I don't mind it," you simply stated, but that didn't go well with Arvin, so he offered to drive you home after every shift.

~~~~~

"Thanks again for the ride, Arvin," you said, pressing a kiss to his cheek like you do every night.

"Wait, Y/N," he stopped you before you got out of the car.

"Yes?" you sat back in the seat, watching him as he leaned towards you, cupping your face with his soft hand, you knew where he was going with this and you licked your lips as you awaited a kiss. But all you felt was a thump to your forehead.

"Ow," you winced, the hard material of his cap hitting you.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N, I'm so sorry," Arvin made some distance between the two of you, his hands flying to his head. "I should've asked, I-" he kept rambling, his cheeks becoming red even in the darkness of his car. "We could just forget this ever happened," he breathed out, not looking you in the eye, waiting for you to get out of the car.

What he wasn't expecting was the feeling of your hand on his cheek and your other grabbing his cap and throwing it to the side before you grabbed his face and you pressed your lips against his.

It was short and sweet, your lips molding together when he finally kissed back, you smirked when you tasted coffee and cigarettes in the kiss, the pair slightly comforting. He opened his eyes in shock when you pulled back, a shit eating grin on your face.

"You're so cute and funny, Arvin," you laughed.

"I-I," he cleared his throat, not understanding what just happened.

"Good night, Arvin," you smiled, pressing another surprising kiss to his lips, this time a little longer and you even bit his lip a tad bit. And just like that, you were back into your house, leaving a very shocked and flustered Arvin.