Chapter 1: Any Other Day

Cover by @/sixftunderrr on twitter

Harper's POV:

     Harper was scrolling through her time line like any other day, when she sees one of her close mutuals pop up. "Oh it's Perry! What's this then?" she says with a smile. They read the tweet out loud, "I think I might have a crush on one of my close mutuals /r /srs." Harper was a little disappointed, they weren't sure why, but they responded, "Who is it?" in a curious demeanor. After replying, Harper left her phone on the couch and went to yell at the geese, hoping that when she returns there would be a response. 

     Harper yelled fowl things at the geese, such as "kys" or "fuck you!" She then returns inside and sees her phone on the couch. She groans and walks to the kitchen preparing themselves a slice of toast. Finally, she returns to the couch and sees a notification pop up on her phone. She scrambles to open it and reads the reply: "Not telling, but they might be someone you know!" Harper felt their stomach drop. "Who could it be? Maybe Eli? Or possibly Vi?" she wondered to herself. She then chuckled after considering the latter. "No way it's Vi those two fight all the time." This thought made her doubt herself even more. They thought about old memories from elementary school when the boys who were ever so mean to her, ended up confessing their feelings later on. Harper decided to not ponder on the thought any longer and she went to her room. 

Perry's POV:

     Perry was having a good day. They had just aced their math test and finished all xir homework. They were feeling bold. The first thing xe did was pull xir phone out and tweet. They wrote:  "I think I might have a crush on one of my close mutuals /r /srs." Perry sighed, "That felt so good to get off my chest!" they exclaimed. Fae got up and made themselves a snack downstairs. "There they are!" Perry turned around and gave their dad a big hug. "Wow someone is quite affectionate today!" said Perry's father, who had a surprising resemblance to Edward from Arcade Craniacs. "It's been a good day! I'm feeling confident!" Perry exclaims with glee. "I'm happy to hear that," says their father. "how was school? See anyone cute?" he says jokingly. Perry shoves him and chuckles, but in the back of xir mind they were thinking of someone special.

      Perry returned to faer room, and grabbed their phone. They see a reply to their previous tweet. Perry's face turns bright red, like a jalepeño. "I totally forgot I sent that tweet." They then read the reply from the one and only, Harper PICKBOO. "Who is it?" How could Perry reply to this? They sat and wondered for a while what to say. All their previous confidence seemed to wash away like the tides in the ocean. Xe stared blankly for a minute before composing xemselves. They wrote their reply and sent the tweet.