Chapter 4: Epiphany

credit to @/hearts4yeojin on twitter for the cover

Perry's POV: 

Perry had woken up in a cold sweat. Cloud had not slept well. Perry got out of bed and got ready for the day. After taking a shower lun decided to scroll on twitter for a while. Lun had gotten suspended again. "God why does this ALWAYS happen to me. What am I supposed to do now." Lun remembered that Harper had offered to give one of his alts to Perry if they ever needed one. Perry's heart skipped a beat. Suddenly all their thoughts from yesterday came rushing back. "Just when I thought I'd forgotten about all that." they said under lyr breath. Trying to ignore their own intense thoughts lyr quickly send a message to Harper. Fai responded immediately, "np perr you can have this one. change the @ if you want"

Perry's heart jumped at the response. They thought about how Harper didn't hesitate to lend a helping hand. "I need to stop making a big deal out of things like this..." moon thought. "You don't even have a chance with Harper. They obviously like this Jacob idiot. There's no way Harper has even thought of me like that." Perry was very dense. "I mean I think I've made it clear I'm interested. I flirt with her every chance I get."

Harper's POV:

Harper let out a soft chuckle as they receive a text from Perry. The way they always managed to get their account suspended was weirdly endearing to her. It was honestly impressive. Soon after their short interaction, ae received a text from Jacob. "Oh shit oh god." Harper had forgotten all about yesterday's embarrassment. "I can't keep hiding from this forever." Ae admitted. 

"Hey Harper are you ever going to reply to me?"

"Cmon kitten I don't have all the time in the world"

Harper was disgusted at the nickname. 

"The 'kitten' bit has gone a bit too far don't you think?" They type.

"I know you love when I call you kitten, Harper. Now tell me what got you so excited yesterday winky face heart emoji."

"I was just thinking about this dream I had..." Harper couldn't bring faiselves to type the words "about you" It didn't feel right to her. Maybe she had got it all wrong. "I honestly can't even remember what I was thinking about. It must have not been important, sorry. Can we just drop it? I'm busy right now."

Jacob felt dejected. "Of course you don't remember. Whatever Harper I didn't really care anyway just don't sit next to me in class anymore, okay?"

Harper didn't really mind this at all. Jacob's attitude was really getting to her and she finally realized he was nothing more than a pretty face and pretty hands. Harper felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. The feeling was followed by a cloud of thoughts about the dream. "WHY CAN'T I JUST MOVE ON FROM THIS FUCKING DREAM?" Harper screamed. "I'm so over it! Why does it matter who it's about? Why does this dream feel so important..." No matter what Harper did she couldn't let it go. One insignificant dream had consumed all her thoughts. Every move she made reminded her of the way they danced with their mysterious partner. Every piece of furniture reminded them of the beautiful ballroom. So, in order to escape these overwhelming thoughts, Harper tried to figure out who the dream was about. They analyzed everything about it trying to find an answer. It almost all seemed hopeless until they received a notification from twitter.