➪ 𝙊𝙉𝙀. 𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧.

"I kinda wish I had your life, Langa Hasegawa."

—— It just didn't feel the same anymore

—— It just didn't feel the same anymore. To Reki Kyan, skateboarding was his favourite hobby in the entirety of the universe.

To Reki Kyan, he merely existed for skateboarding.

His whole world revolved around a wooden board on wheels. Reki was good skateboarder after all.

Apparently just being a good skateboarder wasn't enough.

When Langa Hasegawa, a Canadian transfer student who came from absolutely nowhere expressed an interest in skateboarding, Reki was thrilled to show him. To show him the hobby he lived for.

It was amazing at first, seeing how quickly the boy with ear-length pastel blue hair was able to progress, and how close Reki had gotten with Langa. They had even become best friends within the span of a month.

That was when Langa got too good at skateboarding.

Reki had a skateboard with him for as long as he could remember, so how did Langa manage to skate better than him in such a short period of time?

It had just seemed like yesterday when Langa had duct taped his feet to the deck of a skateboard.

It had just felt like yesterday when Reki was the one who waited for Langa.

Why was he the one who had to catch up to Langa now?

Why was Reki known as Langa Hasegawa's sidekick?

Was he that unimportant?

Why couldn't he be just as great as his best friend?

And why does skating feel so empty now?

Why does it feel like all the colour of the world is slowly being drained out?

—— There they were, once again. It was the third time Reki had seen that mysterious person, sitting on the bench at the skate park.

For the past week or so, Reki had been going to the skate park by himself at around sunset to avoid people, since it was around dinner time. However, there was always this one person who sat on the bench, facing the half-pipe, holding a book in their hands.

Reki didn't mind though. They were quiet, and didn't bother him while Reki attempted to skate all his problems away.

The red head could catch glimpses of them, as he skated he mindlessly skated on the half-pipe, performing a few occasional jumps. They appeared to be writing something on that book.

The person was always wearing a hood that covered their face and hair, but Reki could tell that they were around (insert height here).

He was a little afraid to approach them, after all, they were just minding their own business.

However, he was curious about this mysterious person. They always seemed so invested into whatever they were writing, and their focus had never once wavered, except for occasional stares they gave him.

"I really want to talk to them, but I don't want to bother them. I wouldn't want to be a burden upon another person..." The red head thought to himself.

After another half an hour of skating, the mysterious person left the skate park in a hurry. They left so discreetly that it took Reki a while to realize they had already left.

The red head skated a bit more until he felt exhausted. He decided it was a good time to head home and eat, feeding his famished stomach.

He picked up his skateboard and started walking to the street, when he noticed something laying on the bench.

It was the notebook that the mysterious person was seemingly writing in before.

A plain (favourite colour) book around the size of a regular school-issued notebook.

"The weather forecast predicted that it was going to rain tomorrow... I should probably keep this with me until I see them again so it doesn't get wet..." Reki thought.

And so, Reki Kyan picked up the book, and skated back home, not knowing that he was holding his future within his hands.

There was a whole technicolor world in those pages.