➪𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀. 𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙚.

"I should've known this would happen."

—— Y/n L/n ended up not saying anything about the scene they had just witnessed unfold in front of them at the school rooftop

—— Y/n L/n ended up not saying anything about the scene they had just witnessed unfold in front of them at the school rooftop. They pretended to not know anything that had happened, since y/n had no idea what they should do now.

And so, when the teenager finally reached the comfort of their own bedroom, they opened their sketchbook and started doodling.

It appears this time they found that their own heartbreak was a feeling to capture.

No matter how much it hurt.

It was y/n's way to think through things. Picking up a mere pencil and paper helps their creativity flow, and it heightens their pensive abilities.

"Reki and Langa didn't tell me they had kissed, when I finally came back afterwards, they had acted as if everything was normal." Y/n remarked mentally.

As their thoughts trailed on, the sketch taking a form of a dark shadow melting into a puddle. After a while, the drawing was complete, and y/n felt a lot calmer after redirecting their intense emotions to the sketchbook.

"This is definitely unlike all the other drawings I've done before." They thought.

Now that y/n felt a lot calmer, they had decided to just let Reki and Langa take their time to tell y/n. They wanted to be happy for them, because both of those people were important to them.

Y/n also couldn't bring themselves to hate Langa for liking Reki as well. Langa was a really nice person, and he had always been thoughtful person towards y/n.

But y/n kinda wished they could hate Langa for taking Reki away.

Because if so, it wouldn't have hurt as much.

Deep down, they knew they don't even have the right to dislike their relationship.

After all, Langa and Reki did meet before y/n came along.

—— Y/n knew it was unhealthy to just linger on this heartbreak, but they couldn't help it

Every day they go to school, y/n pretended to be happy for their friends. They had to slowly watch the person they liked slowly and progressively fall in love with another person.

It was like every single thing reminded them of what y/n couldn't have.

As they pondered, their head was rested on a classroom desk. It was currently a self study session, but y/n couldn't bring themselves to focus on their school work.

They couldn't stop thinking about wanting to keep Reki for themselves.

"I'm so selfish, I obviously can't let my jealousy get in the way." Y/n thought.

"Hey y/n... I've got something to tell you." A voice interrupted y/n's thoughts.

They turned their head towards the voice, and they were met with the face of the person y/n learned to adore so much.

"What is it, Reki?"

"Although I kinda do have an idea what you're about to say." Y/n thought.

"So uh... Langa and I are going out now..." Reki chuckled nervously.

"Oh that's good to hear. I'm happy you both got your feelings sorted out." Y/n said with the most neutral tone.

"Yeah, I just wanted to thank you for everything though. Without you, I don't think I would've ever been able to face Langa again." Reki grinned at them.

Y/n felt their heart tug slightly, and they had experienced a small amount of joy enter their body.

"I'm just glad you guys are alright again."

"Yeah, anyways, wanna come to S tonight? There's going to be a beef between Langa and Adam." Reki asked them.

"Sure, but who's Adam?"

"I guess I forgot to give you context... but uh, I can always give you the details later!" Reki laughed.

"I guess so. Just text me the time and place where we can meet up." Y/n nodded their head.

"Alright! Oh, Langa's calling me now, see ya later." Reki waved at the teen before walking towards a certain blue-haired boy.

Y/n felt their tense form release, as they watched Reki and Langa from a far. They were hugging, grinning, and laughing together.

"For the sake of my mental health I'm going to look away now." They thought.

And so, for the rest of the day, they had decided to suppress their own emotions and kept quiet about their true feelings.

Because sometimes, it's better to just let others experience that happiness without ruining it.

Even if it meant erasing yourself from the narrative.