➪𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉. 𝙖𝙣𝙙.

"Maybe I'm just too afraid of telling you how I feel."

—— Reki Kyan's walk to the skate park had taken quite a turn when he encountered a tall boy with pale blue hair strolling from the opposite direction

Of course, Reki being Reki, tried his best to avoid Langa, but it would be extremely awkward for them if the red head were to just run off.

It's not even like Reki dislikes Langa or anything, he just didn't see the point of why he'd hang around him if people couldn't even recognize his individuality when he was around Langa.

No matter how much he wished he could go back to Langa, and pretend like nothing happened, he had to restrain himself.

As the two were closely approaching each other, Langa called out to him.

"Hey Reki, it's been a while." He gave a slight nod to Reki, before walking past him.

Reki was quite surprised to find that Langa didn't want to strike up a conversation with him, because it was all Langa would ask for in the past few months of distancing himself from him.

"Oh god, what if he thinks I hate him or something..." Reki thought.

Deep in thought, he continued to walk to the skate park, and found y/n sitting on the same bench waiting for him already. They were sketching and they looked peaceful.

"Hey y/n, what're you drawing?" Reki asked him, as he approached them, taking a seat beside y/n.

"Oh, autumn is coming around, and I noticed that some leaves are starting to change colours, so I decided to capture the transition of the seasons. I haven't made a scenery art piece in forever." Y/n explained, they continued to sketch, and their whole consciousness focused on this drawing. Their tongue stuck out a bit, and Reki thought it was kind of cute.

"That's amazing, I didn't know these things intrigued you. I thought you only drew things that caught your attention?"

"Well thanks to you, I've come to realize that the things around me are beautiful in their own way."

Reki felt himself getting flustered.

There was a brief moment of silence, and Reki just watched y/n continuously sketch on to her collection of drawings.

"Reki, is something up?" Y/n asked him.

"Why do you ask?"

"You're a lot quieter than usual. Something must be up then. You know you can talk to me right?"

Reki was surprised that y/n noticed something was wrong right away. This was the first time someone had so carefully paid attention to his personality.

"There's no hiding it from it, so I guess I'll tell you."

Y/n just gave him a small nod, indicating that they were listening.

"I came across Langa today before coming here, and he spoke to me for the first time. It wasn't about how he wanted to talk, he told me it's been a while and proceeded to walk away. I was so shocked, it's like he completely accepted the fact that I wasn't going to talk to him anymore." Reki told y/n, who was processing the information.

They gave it some thought and replied, "It sounds like you don't want to let him go just yet."

Reki's eyes widened at y/n's input.

"I hate to admit this, but I think y/n is right. Maybe I'm not ready to completely cut Langa out of my life yet."

—— It was 1am in the dead of night, the sky pitch black, and the loud silence washed over the city of Okinawa

Y/n was in their bedroom, still awake, their mind racing, thinking about Reki.

"God there's no way I can tell Reki that I like him soon. He's so stressed about his broken friendship with Langa. It would be cruel of me to confess to him and expect an answer from him. Reki already has so much going on for him mentally." Y/n thought.

They say up from their bed, and grabbed a cup by their night stand. Y/n took a sip of the water, and returned back to contemplating everything.

"Besides, it's not like I'm ever bold enough to tell him anyways. What if he rejects me? I value our friendship more, and he's the one that gave me inspiration for my drawings."

Y/n let out a small groan, before burying their face in their pillow.

"Well, I have to tell Reki eventually. I can't just keep this inside of me for long. Maybe I'll tell him once the situation with Langa gets better." Y/n decided.

That night, at around 1am, y/n made a promise to themself.

They were going to be honest with their feelings with Reki Kyan after a conflict has been resolved.