➳ 11 ➳

That map that Xalen gave me yesterday has not helped me at all. It's very confusing because it's pretty old, so it doesn't go with what the palace looks like today. Also, there's a strange riddle on the back of it, and I have no idea what it means. This map was supposed to help me, but so far, it has hindered me in my search for the jeweled bow. 

I throw the map at the wall, growling under my breath. My job thus far has been total rubbish. How am I supposed to find this jeweled bow when I can't even understand the clue? Flopping onto my bed, I let my hands dangle over the edge and the anger course through my veins. My fingers brush against the edge of the map. The weathered paper is cool against my skin, and I let the anger drain out of me. 

I can't do this job if I get upset at one little hiccup.

With a sigh, I pick the map back up and stare at it again. There's no way I can understand it by myself. I'll have to ask someone for help. Who, though? I don't trust anyone to just help me without asking questions about what I'm doing. Xalen can't help me because he's a guard and he needs to spend time being a guard instead of skipping his shift just because I need his help. Besides, I'm not supposed to know him. It would raise a little bit of suspicion if someone found out that we know each other, and I can't do that.

I shoot up out of my bed as an idea graces my brain. Of course! Why haven't I thought about that yet? Ty Lee will help me, I know she will. And she's not smart enough to ask me questions about what I'm doing with a map of the palace. But, if she isn't smart enough to ask me questions about what I'm doing, then will she be able to help me with the riddle? There's only one way to find out.

It doesn't take me that long to get to Ty Lee's room. Her room is just down the hall from mine, after all. But it does take me a long time to get enough courage to knock on her door. This is really nerve-wracking, asking her for help with my job. She's my only friend here, and the only person I really like. I don't want her to get caught by aiding me in stealing this bow. I have to do this, though. This is my job, not something that I can just say no to. This is for me to finally be happy. Ty Lee will understand in time. 

The knock echoes all around me in the otherwise silent hallway. I'm afraid that she isn't in her room because she doesn't immediately open the door. Just as I am about to leave, the door swings open. Ty Lee is standing there, a huge grin on her face. 

"How did I know it was going to be you?" Ty Lee asks, moving away from the door so that I can walk into the room. 

"Because you felt my aura?" 

She beams at me. "You are correct, Heiza."

I roll my eyes as I pass by her while walking into her room. Her and her aura business has always been a little strange to me, but I don't tell her that. I don't want to hurt her feelings because I think she's a little strange.

"What are you doing here?" Ty Lee asks once she shuts the door behind me.

"Can't I want some girl time?" I say, giving Ty Lee my best grin. She looks at me for a second before nodding. "Then I want some girl time."

She plops down onto her bed gracefully, patting the seat next to her. I join her on her bed, setting the map down on the top cover. Ty Lee's eyes narrow when she sees the map. "What's that?"

I didn't want Ty Lee to see the map yet, but it's too late. She's already grabbing at the parchment, unraveling it to show the map of the palace. Her frown deepens when she notices the riddle on the back. Glancing back up at me, I see a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Is this a treasure map?"

"Why, yes it is," I say, grinning widely. Thank goodness she said that, or else I would've had to come up with my own lie and had to lie to her about what it is. I don't like lying to her. "I was wondering if you can help me solve it."