THIRTEEN

"What do you mean he was arrested?"

Everyone glances at you confused, except for JJ, who appears more sympathetic. You're not sure exactly what happened, and you're still trying to wrap your mind around what happened, you're also pretty pissed off that no one thought it would have been important to mention that Spencer was arrested.

They'd all went on to explain that he was arrested in Mexico when he was found with drugs in his possession, and charged with the intent to distribute as well as the murder of a woman he was with. Hotch explains how they were able to get him back into the states and was now being held in custody awaiting his trial, and you swear you can feel your heart physically drop to your stomach.

"Is he gonna be okay? Has anyone gone to see him?" A few of them nod their heads, all of their eyes on you, taking notice of your obvious distraught state. "Can I see him?"

"I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Hotch, please?" You plead, making eye contact with him. He closes his mouth and ponders the request for a moment before giving in and nodding his head, "I may be able to get you a visit." A relieved sigh escapes your lips and you thank Hotch, giving him a gracious smile. You're still trying to wrap your head around everything that's happened, trying to think about if Spencer really did this. Surely he didn't, and you're sticking by that, he's not capable of this.

Hotch pulls out his phone and dials a number on it, excusing himself from the group, now all eyes are on you, glancing at you curiously. "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

Morgan shrugs, "We didn't think you'd care. You and the kid aren't exactly on good terms last time I checked."

"Did something change there? Are we missing something?" Emily asks, everyone nodding in agreement. JJ's the only one who doesn't look remotely confused, and it's making you nervous to have all these eyes on you.

"Guys, lay off her alright? There are more important matters at hand," she instructs, "It's none of our business. Let's just do our job and get him out of there."

You give her a grateful smile, her shooting you a wink as everyone lays off of you. Hotch re-enters into the room, shoving his phone back into his pocket, holding out a gun and a holster in front of you.

"Uh, Hotch?" You question in confusion, glancing between his face and the gun being offered to you.

"I'm assuming you want to help us with this case, yes?" You nod your head and Hotch pushes the gun toward you again. "So I've gone ahead and got you a temporary reinstatement. You'll be needing that."

"Who's gun is this?" You ask, gripping the gun and holstering it on your hip, adjusting it so it sits nicely on your hip over the fabric of your jeans. "It's my second one, you can keep it for the time being," Hotch answers.

You gasp when you feel a pair of hands clapping down on your shoulders, "Look at this, the team all back together again," Morgan says, rubbing your shoulders. You can practically hear the grin in his tone as he smacks your shoulders again before retreating himself completely.

"Now all we need is a One Direction reunion and I can die happy!" Immediately recognizing the voice as Penelope, you glance over to see her now joining the group, engulfing you in a hug, rocking back and forth slightly. Though you're happy for this team reunion, it's also saddening that the one person you wished was here, wasn't.

...

Approaching the doors, you inhale a shaky breath as you swing them open, entering into the building, the dull colours making you feel worse within seconds of entering the building. You sign in with the man on the other side, walking through the multiple metal detectors and undergoing a search before you can enter. You remove the gun from around your hip and leave your purse at the front to be grabbed later while an officer escorts you down the hallway.