TWENTY-THREE

WARNINGS: smut

i'd reccomend playing the song when you see the *** as it was what I wrote it to and had me in my feels. if it finishes, you can just repeat it until you feel like it (or until the smut is finished)

The next morning when you wake up tangled with Spencer in bed, you feel maybe the best you've felt in a while. For the last four years, there's been a gaping Spencer-shaped hole in your heart that felt like it'd been weighing you down, but now, you're holding out hope that you might just be able to slowly heal and move past it all. Maybe it's naive of you to wish you could stay here with Spencer forever, especially when Nathanial is out there looking for you both. But being in this little house with Spencer, makes you feel better than you have in a long time. You finally feel at peace.

It's like the calm before the storm.

You feel a smile tugging at your lips when you feel Spencer start to wake up, placing a chaste kiss in the crook of your neck. You squirm and let out a giggle when you feel him blow a raspberry on your neck, tickling you softly as you pry his face away from you.

You quickly spin around and face him, seeing his eyes crinkle at the corners from how wide he's smiling. You furrow your brows and raise your hand up to stroke his cheek, prompting him to nuzzle his cheek into your touch. "What's got you so giddy this morning?"

He shakes his head brushing you off, "I'm just thinking about the fact that I never thought I'd be able to do this again," he whispers quietly, afraid to ruin the calm mood this morning. He leans forward and presses his lips to your forehead, lingering for a moment before pulling away, his hand tracing along your cheekbones.

You turn your head to the side and place a quick kiss in his open palm, scooting closer to him in the bed until you're a mere few inches away from him.

"Can you pinch me?" He requests softly, "I want to make sure that this is all real. That I'm not just dreaming it."

You use the hand on his face and give his cheek a quick pinch, making his entire face scrunch up for a moment before relaxing again. "Do we have to get out of bed?" You ask quietly, adjusting the covers so they rest just under your chin. He shakes his head, stroking his thumb along your cheek, eyes flicking over every feature of your face, "We don't have to do anything."

You smile softly at him, flipping onto your back and folding your arms over your chest, your eyes tracing over the lines on the ceiling. You glance at the clock on the nightstand and see that it's nearing eleven in the morning. You nor Spencer usually don't sleep in this late, but after working hard on the case practically all night, Spencer made it his mission to fuck you on the table in the second bedroom, keeping you both up longer than you were anticipating.

If you were to get out of bed, you aren't even sure if you'll be able to walk straight. Maybe staying in bed all day doesn't sound too bad. You see Spencer sit up in bed and you pout slightly, reaching out to try and grab him and drag him back to bed, but he chuckles and pulls his arm away.

"Relax, pretty girl, I'm just going to make some coffee and I'll be right back," he murmurs, pressing a kiss to your forehead before getting up and walking out of the bedroom. As he walks away, you take a moment to admire the way his back muscles flex when he extends his arms out to stretch as he walks away. You smile to yourself once you're alone in the room, sitting up and leaning back against the headboard, curling your legs up to your chest. You smile when you inhale the smell of Spencer's cologne on the shirt you stole from him, a smell you missed more than you'd like to admit.

You're not even sure if you could begin to describe the immense happiness you feel right now. You're still skeptical of all this, and you're terrified to get hurt again, but something is telling you that everything might just work out in your favour this time. You have a good feeling about it.