AND THE PIECES FALL INTO PLACE

A PROMISE TO THE DEAD

______________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - o n e

______________
c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - o n e

Carson wakes up the next day in Stiles' arms, happily reminded of the night before. Things were finally coming together after months of complete turmoil.

"Wake up," she taps Stiles. The man was practically dead.

"Stiles, get up, we have things to do," she shakes him.

"I'm up," he mumbles.

"Oh really? Then what am I doing right now?" she wiggles her fingers in front of his face.

"Smiling."

"Technically wrong. Now get up, you have practice, and I have to go," she starts to get up.

"No, don't leave. Stay," he pulls her back into his arms.

"Stiles, I really have to go."

"Where?"

"I have a swim meet. It determines if I qualify for Regionals," she reminds him.

"Five minutes, please," he grasps her tighter, practically giving her no way out.

"Fine, you big child," she lays her head on the pillow, smiling and tracing his face.

"We're supposed to be sleeping," he mumbles, one eye open.

"But there are much better ways to start the day," she pouts.

"Mhm, I'm listening."

"Fine, I have a pool to get to," she starts to get up, finally waking him up.

"Come here," he kisses down her neck.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to take you away from your precious sleep-"

"Carson, shut up and let me kiss you," he slides his hand up her shirt, which really belonged to him, and five minutes quickly turned into an hour.

"Ugh, I'm gonna be late, because of you," she braids her hair rapidly, running down the steps.

"I'm so very sorry," he catches up to her, kissing her cheek.

"No you're not. You're lucky I keep an extra suit in my locker," she glares, throwing him the keys.

"Yeah yeah. You loved it."

"Once again, I said five minutes, mister "Let's do it again," she accuses. "Not an hour."

"I don't remember you complaining," he smirks. "In fact, you were profoundly pleased as far as I remember. "Oh don't stop, oh Stiles!" Very clearly satisfied," he mocks her.

"I'm never making another noise again. From now on, I'm gonna stay completely silent, just for that."

"Oh like you could-" he starts, before she gives him a look.