THE OLD US

WEAPONIZED

_______________c h a p t e r  t h i r t e e n

_______________
c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n

They all decide meet in the locker room to discuss what's going on while Carson struggles with the vague visions and dull pain shooting through her brain.

"Make it stop," she yells, trying not to pass out, fangs piercing her lips, while Isaac starts breathing hard in the corner, eyes a brilliant yellow.

Scott's eyes wouldn't stop turning red, and Malia's claws were stuck.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the four of you in a way it won't hit any human being," Mr. Yukimura says.

"You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you from the quarantine."

"Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon," Kira looks at Carson. "Or a bad day."

"Thanks Kira," Carson frowns.

"We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room."

"A classroom is not going to hold us."

"What about the basement?"

"Too many ways out. We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us," Scott pants.

"The vault, Stiles," Carson stumbles.

"The Hales always have an escape route. Like their house. There has to be another way in," Scott adds.

They go into Coach's office, grabbing the map of the school.

"This is where the school sign is, so the vault's got to be right about here."

"I suppose if there's a second entrance, it would probably be accessible from the basement."

"It's probably somewhere in this hallway," Stiles points, until he starts to fall, Carson and Malia quick to help him up.

"Whoa."

"It's happening to you too. You're getting sick. You all are."

"I don't feel sick," Kira disagrees.

"I think it's affecting you differently, neurologically," he pulls out a test booklet. "I found your test answers here in a pile with the others."

Carson looks at them, concern growing. "Maybe you should get some glasses."

______

They run down to the basement to look for a door.

"Maybe try moving a shelf," Carson pants out, wincing in pain.

Stiles finally notices something, guiding them to a wall.

"Guys. Look at the cracks in the wall," he traces them.